making filter query available on front end

p38

Is there any way one can make the filter query GUI (that is used in admin pre-filter) available on front end so the user can dynamically build a filter on a list?

In this way, one can use fabrik as a powerful report writer on lists. My idea is to store the filter query in a DB with report details.

I can then package the solution as an install.

Paul

The advanced search is as close as we get in the list view, but then there's no mechanism for taking those filters and saving/re-applying them.

It's certainly an idea I've thought about previously but its currently just stayed as an idea. Depending on our workload, which we should know more about for the beginning of next month, it might be something we could consider implementing. Its certainly worth discussing now though.

if I can help in any way, let me know, esp with ideas and flow etc.

I would certainly implement it right away, as this is a need I have for a while now, so you will get my debugging feedback to help fine tune. :D

Nt sure that the pre-filter GUI would be what you want, as it's really designed to restrict access, rather than provide any kind of custom report writing. As Rob said, the Advanced Search would be a better place to start.

-- hugh

Yup agreed, the advanced filter could work.

I would like to take the code and see if I can plug it into a list experiment with a basic report writer for fabrik.

Please point me in the right direction as to what code I can look at to do this.

Thanks

Oh man, that's not a question I can really just answer. There really isn't a single place you need to start, because Fabrik's filtering is a very, very complex beast, which is why we haven't done something like this yet. It would be tough for us to implement, and obviously we know Fabrik pretty well, as we do nothing but code PHP and work on Fabrik 25/8.

So it's kind of one of those "if you have to ask where to start, you probably won't be able to do it" questions.

-- hugh

not to worry, I will make a new plan.

I did spend a few hours to see myself first, but as you said, fabrik is so complex, I knew I was wasting my time, hence teh question.

thanks anyways.

by the way we're still waiting on a decision regarding something which will affect how much free time we have. Bump this one in a weeks time and we'll know more.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back