move fabrik install

cap

hello
is it possiible to move the fabrik install i have on my site to another freshly installed site?

hello
is it possiible to move the fabrik install i have on my site to another freshly installed site?

Using Akeeba Backup for that purpose all the time. When you do the backup, you get instructions, how to do the restore.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: cap
As far as I know Akeeba Backup will backup the entire site. You can of course limit which tables it backs up but it is still going to back up the Joomla installation itself. Do correct me if I am wrong here as I have never attempted to try it, but I use backups and restore to my test system constantly.

OP. you may be able to do a mysql dump of all of the Fabrik tables along with any list tables then restore them on your freshly installed site. In this way all of the linkages should survive. This does assume you are not changing the DB prefix. It can still be done if you do change it but it is a massive amount of work to edit the sqldump file prior to importing it.

I use Akeeba Backup to transfer ONLY fabrik related files and tables.

1) Create a new backup profile
2) Then you Exclude the folders you dont want, so essenetially exclude everything else except fabrik related folders
3) You do the same for the database tables.
4) Run a backup
5) On new site, use akeeba kickstart.php to restore the db and files.

Works well for me.

If you haven't done it already: you have to install Fabrik ( identical version) before you copy your existing tables.
Don't copy fabrik_connections (or make sure to open and resave the connection after copying)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I use Akeeba Backup to transfer ONLY fabrik related files and tables.

1) Create a new backup profile
2) Then you Exclude the folders you dont want, so essenetially exclude everything else except fabrik related folders
3) You do the same for the database tables.
4) Run a backup
5) On new site, use akeeba kickstart.php to restore the db and files.

Works well for me.
Good to know as that solves the database prefix problem. Thanks.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back