Multiple 'Group by'

jack.murphy575

In my quest to create an application (initially as a practice on my localhost) that will display a list of food menus, each with multiple courses, and each course with multiple food items, I've completed all the tutorials (that are available - since the 'Profile' one still doesn't work and the next few require it's output) to the point where I've been able to set up the necessary Lists/Tables etc. and 'many-to-many' joins such that the output includes Menu, Course & Item elements. I've Grouped by Menu and Ordered by course BUT - what I think I need to do is ... 'Group by' Menu and have an inner 'Group by' for Courses, with Ordering by Items.
I've spent days trying to do this to no avail and I'm hoping someone far cleverer than me can give me a clue as to how it might be done.
Thanks in anticipation
JackM

Thanks for your reply.
Will get some screenshots asap.
Don't know what you mean regarding 'view in mysql', unless you mean recoding the query.

Hi again
I have attached a .pdf file showing (hopefully) what I'm trying to do.
Hope it helps.
Jack

Attachments

• fabrik_food_menu_structure.pdf
    293.1 KB · Views: 318
Hi jack.murphy575
sorry for short break.

As I understand your output data is like:
menu1 course1 item1
menu1 course1 item2
menu1 course1 item3

menu1 course2 item4
menu1 course2 item5
menu1 course2 item6

If so, you can use calculation element to create custom label as concatenation like "menu1-course1" and then use this field to group by.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.
Back