Need help with Form rowid (of sorts)

genyded

Hi,

I have an optional url query string parameter 'cid=123' that is generated externally and if present, I need to base all Fabrik lists, forms, etc on that value. I can pre-filter lists with {cid} in the pre-filter values and that works fine (as does the same for other things so far).

However with Forms, I cannot seem to get them to reference the value. If I put {cid} in the Fabrik option for the menu link rowid - that does not work. I can get this to work IF I put the form in an Article using the content plugin, but that is not an option for me for other reasons. If there another way to specify/pass a query string value (other than rowid) as the rowid for the form on load?

I need form loads to default to the rowid of the 'cid' value in edit mode. Again 'cid' is an optional value passed in the query string on the page load. I can redirect if needed, but prefer not to.

TIA,
Dale

Instead of a fabrik form menu link you could use a "System links"/External or internal URL with something like
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=15&Itemid=125&usekey=your-short-element-name&rowid=cid

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back