New Calendar Vis - Status?

I've just been swamped since getting back from my month off, haven't had a spare minute to work on it.

I'm loathe to push it up to github as-is, as it's still pretty sketchy, a lot of code from the original plugin needs to be stripped out, I haven't gotten 'click cell to add event' going yet (not hard, just haven't had time), so there's just the main "Add" button, etc. It's still *very* much Work In Progress.

However ... I'm probably at the point where having someone actually testing this for real would help, and would give me incentive to find some time for it.

So I'll push it up there for now ... although Rob and I have discussed making this a paid plugin which wouldn't live in github. We're considering charging a little (like a shot or two of Jack Daniels) for some of the more advanced plugins, just to help recoup the development and support time. But I suspect any such plugins will spend some time in github, during the development phase.

I'll do it now ...

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. My requirement is not complicated so happy to try it out for you and post any issues I find. Where do you want them posted? Just here?

Yeah, here. Lets keep it all on one thread for now.

I just tried pushing it up, but remembered I have some issues I need to fix in github before I can do that. Some bad filenames got in there yesterday (from the Transifex gateway I'm working on, which automatically syncs our Transifex translations to github), which I need to work out how to delete remotely.

I'll post here when it's up.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

if could be usefull I installed and try the new calendar.
I know it is WIP and probably you already know the issue.
These are some things that didn't work in my use test
I'm using the last joomla version and the last git hub code of today on wampserver
I created a simple event list with
start date
end date
event description
which is used by the calendar visualization

1) If i insert an event that start today and will end sunday in the calendar is only showed in the today cell,
2) If i use the button that is dispplayed at the bottom of calendar to add an event, even if the start date is correctly inserted into db it is displayed in the previous day cell while
If i insert an event using the list form it is showed in the right day in the calendar
3)Data-> legend and Month view option -> grayscaled weekend seems to do nothing
4)OPtion -> show full details always opend details view even if it is setted to NO
5) don't know if it was a feature that you want to add to this plugin but drag and drop or resising the event does not work.

Thank you for your work

Last edited:
a few initial observations;

The Introduction text is below the calendar
The add button does not have a language string and it is also below the calendar
Would like an option to not show the add button.
Would like an option to not display the time of an event
The first full week of the following month is being displayed at the bottom of the calendar, I don't think it should.
As you know the double click to add is not working.
Setting the Day View and Week View buttons to No does not hide them.
Clicking an event opens the Add/Edit dialog, there is no option to Delete
The Add/Edit dialog appears to be read only even if the user has edit privileges.

More later....

On my system the Add button doesn't do anything, Keraunox, does it work for you?

Update: on page reload it is now working. However, the behaviour of the message for record added/updated causing the user to click another OK is not so good.

Last edited:
Hi achartier,
if you mean the add button displayed under the calendar for me works correctly except the issue i described on my previous post on this thread.

as soon as i have some free time i'll do some screenshot or video

I'm using a fresh install joomla on wampserver with last git hub fabrik code and no other extensions installed.

I also tested it with joomla and another calendar extension installed ,
but there were some js conflict i suppose as with that configuration the calendar did not visualize the events

Last edited:
Hi Hugh, looks like you have been busy with some complex element issues. Do you see some time in your not to distant future to get back to this? I am at a standstill at the moment.

Thanks.

Just a ACK to let you know I'm monitoring this thread, just haven't yet had time to delve in to it. Figuring I'll set aside Sunday for it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks Hugh. I am at my winter away home for the rest of this month which gives me lots of time to work on this with you. Assuming you are still in Huntsville then we are on the same timezone. I await whatever you can get done.

I had no doubt you were monitoring . You and the staff are like God .. even if we can't see you you are omnipresent :)
And as for me there is no hurry, take your time .
I'm testing it just to give my little contribute to fabrik and its comunity :)

Terrible. Struggling to get some big bills paid, so I don't have time for anything that doesn't directly generate income atm.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back