New project

supcha

Hi,

I am working on a project(joomla 3.1), I've been playing around with fabrik 3.1 and it seem pretty powerfull so it looks like it would fit my needs. I would although like advice on how to proceed.

I'll explain quickly this site is for a sport center with about 10-15 sport teachers. Each teacher teaches one or several sports. Each sport has a page with info (weekly schedule, description, wages...). Each teacher has a page with portrait, info, specific contact form...
There is also a blog where all the teachers can post articles.
each teacher must be able to edit his inforamtion and an administrator should be able to create edit and delete all the teachers info preferably without going to back end.

I need to link sports with teachers and blog articles.

I have been thinking about this and I have come up with several options :

***1***

Use K2 and community builder but I don't like the extra fields management in K2 to make the weekly schedule.

***2***

Add Fabrik to option 1 to make the extra fields for the weekly schedule but I can't figure out how to link the extra fields of fabrik (week schedule) with the K2 items to edit and display on the same page

***3***

Use only Fabrik and start from scratch so I can have it exacly the way I want. This option seems pretty sexy and I could make it easy to edit for all the teachers.
I've managed to create forms structure the database as I thought it should be but I cant figure out how to display the information I want to create the actual pages. How do I access database and get the information I wan't on the page? I guess the best thing would be to create a component. I manage HTML, css and jquery but I am no database/sql expert.

or is there a component/module/plugin that could do that for me?

As you can see I realy would like to get this site as I want and the third option seems the best to my eyes so I am seeking help and advice for :
* tutorials to display information from database in joomla 3
* components, plugins, modules that can help
* your advice for this type of project

Ok I've had a look at the documentation, I had already looked through most of it but I still can't figure out how to build the views and link them in my menu.

The list view doesn't seem to be able to do that. The content plugin could be an option but it will be a hasle to be updated by the site administrator.

I explain : I have made forms to store the data I need on the teachers and sports. How do I build the pages for the teachers and sports and link them in my menu?

ok I'll try to be more specific :

I manage to get all the data in database the way I need it up to here, everything ok thx to fabrik!

Now I want to manipulate the data and put selected items in custom html pages.

Example :
On the teacher page I want the name in H1 header, the portrait inside a div with specific class, his biography in a div with specific class.....

Then I want to create links to these pages in my menu.

List views display items in tables and I can't find how to customize the html display that is why I said that it desn't seem to fit my needs.

Thx for taking the time to answer my questions.

Regards.

Don't edit fabrik files, they will be overridden by the next update.
Add custom_css.php for minor changes or create your own custom template by copying an existing one.

You can control whether an element displays in a list:

1. By access levels i.e. the element only displays for people with sufficient access level
2. By using different lists (and groups and elements) against the same table. For the element you want to be visible / invisible, you just set different List View Settings for the element associated with that specific list.

Other people may have other suggestions.

S

Additionally you can set the elements which should be shown in list view in the fabrik list menu item (so using this you don't need different lists pointing to the same table)

So more than one way to skin a cat;)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back