non-fabrik captcha?

annekas

Hi, all. First, thanks for the wealth of information here, that has made it unnecessary until now to post my own question.

I have a website that we hope to use to mentor young writers. We use Fabrik to create the forms for competition entry and judge registration. I'd like to use the very cute Play Thru captcha plugin for Joomla, but I can't figure out or whether it's possible to make Fabrik use a different captcha plug in.

Any info on whether or how I could use Play Thru on my Fabrik forms?
Tks!

Hi
Follow the following instructions:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/
basically you download a zip file that you have to extract in your joomla folder
this whole package includes heaps of different elements that are not included in the original file, including a captcha.
after you follow all the instruction you need to go into the plugging manager and enable the elements that you want to add, i think by default all of the new elements are not publish.
Hope this works for you

ps: hopefully you are using 3.0.X the same steps doesnt seem to work for 3.1

Hi, all. First, thanks for the wealth of information here, that has made it unnecessary until now to post my own question.

I have a website that we hope to use to mentor young writers. We use Fabrik to create the forms for competition entry and judge registration. I'd like to use the very cute Play Thru captcha plugin for Joomla, but I can't figure out or whether it's possible to make Fabrik use a different captcha plug in.

Any info on whether or how I could use Play Thru on my Fabrik forms?
Tks!

Although those are the correct instructions for getting the non-core plugins in 3.0, that'll only get you our standard CAPTCHA element, which either uses a very simple CAPTCHA implementation of our own, or Recaptcha (now owned by Google, who may or may not have renamed it to something else by now).

As for the original question about using PlayThru ... I'd never heard of it, but just went and had a look at their site, and I have to say it's, well, kinda cute.

I've mailed them, asking whether it's possible for us to distribute plugin using their product, under our standard Open Source licensing. I noticed there is a J! plugin for it, so I'm thinking they'll say Yes.

If they do ... I may well add this as a third option for our CAPTCHA plugin, just for the fun of it.

-- hugh

Correction

It works for 3.1
I was forgetting to discover in extension
Hi
Follow the following instructions:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/
basically you download a zip file that you have to extract in your joomla folder
this whole package includes heaps of different elements that are not included in the original file, including a captcha.
after you follow all the instruction you need to go into the plugging manager and enable the elements that you want to add, i think by default all of the new elements are not publish.
Hope this works for you

ps: hopefully you are using 3.0.X the same steps doesnt seem to work for 3.1

FYI, I got a positive response from the PlayThru folk, giving me the OK to code up something for their API. As with the RECAPTCHA stuff, it would require signing up for an API key.

I'll have a look at doing this when I get a few minutes for some "just for fun" coding.

-- hugh

awesome!!!!!
FYI, I got a positive response from the PlayThru folk, giving me the OK to code up something for their API. As with the RECAPTCHA stuff, it would require signing up for an API key.

I'll have a look at doing this when I get a few minutes for some "just for fun" coding.

-- hugh

OK, i went ahead and added PlayThru as a thurd option for the CAPTCHA plugin.

Changes are in github.

Let me know if it works for you.

Oh, so far it's just in 3.0, not the 3.1 Beta. Rob will probably merge it in to the 3.1 Beta in the next day or so.

-- hugh

wuau you guys are awesome!!!!!
I am looking forward to test it in 3.1b
OK, i went ahead and added PlayThru as a thurd option for the CAPTCHA plugin.

Changes are in github.

Let me know if it works for you.

Oh, so far it's just in 3.0, not the 3.1 Beta. Rob will probably merge it in to the 3.1 Beta in the next day or so.

-- hugh

I can't promise when it will make it into 3.1. We attempt to merge changes from 3.0 into 3.1 as often as we can, but there's no set schedule.

-- hugh

You are awesome, Cheesegrits!

I just watched the video. It's so great to be able to use the Play thru captcha. Except they just informed us they're going to start using branded games unless we wanna buy a subscription and opt out. Yuck.

Really do appreciate your responsiveness on this.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back