Number format in CSV Export

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOI

Hi,

I have a couple of fields in my form with the decimal format activated and the German numbering format applied by setting the "Thousand Separator" to "." and the Decimal Point to ",".

On the front end the numbers entered in these fields are displayed corretly, e.g. "1.234,56". However, when generation a CSV Export from this list, the numbering format of the mySQL Database is applied, i.e. the the numbers are displayed like this "1,234.56".

Is this a bug or a feature?

I thought the CSV Export is translating the data according to the elements settings.

My CSV settings of the corresponding list are: CSV File Format = Excel CSV, Include data = yes, Include raw data = no

Chris

I am still using Joomla 2.5 and dont plan to move the relevant site to Joomla 3.

Is the bug also fixed in the Fabrik 3.0.7 branch?

Chris

Nope, but I'll have a look, see if I can find the commit Rob did on 3.1, and see if it's a simple, direct back port to 3.0.

-- hugh

OK, it's now in 3.0.

BTW, to save us some work, it would help if you posted in the correct forum. You posted this in 3.1, so Rob fixed it in 3.1. It's more work for us to then back-port something from 3.1 to 3.0, rather than merge a change forward from 3.0 to 3.1.

So if you need the feature in 3.0 ... post in the 3.0 forum. :)

Also, note that 3.1 runs on either J! 2.5.x or 3.0. You should probaby think about migrating from Fabrik 3.0 to 3.1 fairly soon, as we're going to be putting 3.0 to bed in the near future, so it goes in to "maintenance mode", which is essentially serious / security bug fixes, with new features only being added either as Professional support and/or pay-per-feature.

-- hugh

Reactions: VOI
Thanks a lot for your help. And sorry for posting in the wrong forum - didnt realize I was in the 3.1 forum before you mentioned it.

Also thank you for your explaination regarding F3.1 - wasn't aware of that.

Well, we only made the decision this week, and haven't formally announced a date yet. But we're at the point where the 3.1 code has diverged far enough, that actively developing on two code bases is just too time consuming. 3.0 was only ever intended as a transitional release, as J! itself made the progression from 1.5 to 2.5 to 3.0.

So it's time we concentrated on J! 3.x, and made 3.1 our current release.

We just have one change we want to merge in from on of the branches, which greatly simplifies how we handle our list and element joining code. Once that is done, which also then make it essentially impossible to merge any more code changes in 3.0 to 3.1 in git (which is already getting difficult and time consuming) we'll release 3.1 and relegate 3.0 to maintenance mode.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back