"Object doesn't support this property or method"

Status
Not open for further replies.

terp

Beta Tester Extraordinaire
I am using the latest and greatest Fab1.0 SVN and ran into this tonight while creating a form; I think I have a js conflict.

Are there some mootools being loaded by Fabirk? I am using a theme with the 'control panel' login that drops down from the header and it's loading mootool1.11, so I think this might be the issue...control panel works on every page except the page with the Fab form...

[edit] I just looked in the Fab files; appears mootools are being used of the 1.5 variety. ;)

Hmmm, changed from the 'mint' template (planned on using this template, but changing the colors to match my template) to the default template, as I have changed everything else, and the error went away and the drop-down control panel for my template loads on the same page with the Fab form...*perplexed*

I'll look at the mint template now, but this doesn't make sense...does it? :)

Update: Bluesky breaks the control panel, too.

Another Update: I am starting to learn enough to be dangerous with all this Joomla stuff. ;) It seems the mootools library is being loaded by the mint and bluesky templates to display the tooltips? If this is the case, I would rather not use the tooltip and still be able to have both the form template and the site template working, as is the case with the default Fab form template; can I disable these tooltops somehow? (I'll play with it tonight and see if I can figure it out, but welcome any advice). ;)

Another update: The tooltips load with the default template, too, so there goes that hypothesis...lol

Last Update: lol I removed the mint.js from the directory and all is well. AND the tooltips somehow work?!? Could this be because mootool, albeit a different version, is loading with my template and the mint.js is used for those who do not have a template that loads mootools? After I removed the mint.js file, the form (and the page, to include the control panel, the tooltips, and the fabrik form) seemed to function properly!?!

Last LAST Update: Everything works fine with FF, but when viewing the form using IE, I then get the conflict and the control drop-down doesn't work with the mint.js file in the proper directory; could this be because some js is blocked by FF?

Last Last LAST Update: It appears there are two tooltips loading!

I guess when all is said and done, I am now just wondering: can I just remove the mint.js file and all is well? lol :)

Fabrik uses Mootools, period. It won't function without it. Mootools gets loaded regardless of the template js (like mint.js).

It would help if you could point me at the test page, so I can see exactly what is breaking.

-- hugh

Hugh Messenger said:
Fabrik uses Mootools, period. It won't function without it. Mootools gets loaded regardless of the template js (like mint.js).

It would help if you could point me at the test page, so I can see exactly what is breaking.

-- hugh

Installed locally :( I could post a screenshot of my hypothesis, though...there are actually two tool tips loading...the red one that loads with all the templates, then I saw a small yellowish one loading behind it...were on top of one another but moving the mouse around, the yellow one snuck out and I caught it hiding behind the red tooltip! ;)

In short, if I remove the mint.js file, everything works perfectly...just to confirm this is okay? It seems like it's there for a reason, but functions perfectly with the file removed!?! :)

Hugh Messenger said:
Pretty much all mint.js does is add the validation tooltips and error highlighting.

-- hugh

Ahhh, thanks, Hugh; that's the second tooltip I see...validations. I saw the default red one and then a yellow/gold one poping out from behind the red from time to time...and was, in fact, when in the area of the email icon and star. I might just have to pull it out, then...thanks, sir.

I seem to recall having the same problem you did with mint.js, with validation tooltips overlapping other popups. I remember trying to re-position the validation tooltip so it didn't overlap, but without any success.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back