Only seventy detail records

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis58

Hello,

I have a form module consisting of two groups, the display mode is with the template boostrap_tabs, one of these is then displayed in another form tab with the table type template.
The record in this display is correct up to the seventieth, if I add the seventy-first the display changes and everything is moved to the right "dirtying" the display.
Is there anything to change? Is there an imposed limit of 70 records per form with detail?
Thanks for collaboration

So you have a repeat group, and you are adding 70+ repeats to it?

If so, the problem is very likely to be a limitation in php.ini on the number of post inputs (fields on form submission). I think it's MAX_POST_VARS or some such. Defaults to around a 1024. Which sounds like a lot, but if you have a repeat group, that can get eaten up quickly, as we submit two inputs vars for each element. Plus we have a dozen or so hidden inputs with each form. Plus whatever inputs you have on your main (non repeat) group. So ... say you have a dozen inputs on the main form, plus our hidden, that leaves about 990 or so. Which, for 70 repeats, would mean 14 inputs for each repeat, which equates to 7 elements.

So ... if you have 7 elements on your repeat, that would top out at about 70 repeats, before your form inputs are getting chopped off by your server. Which will confuse things, as you'll have incomplete form submissions.

So ... check your php.ini, and see what MAX_POST_VARS is set to, and if necessary, increase it.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh,
in fact the problem was precisely in the variable MAX_INPUT_VARS, it was set to 1000 now it was changed to 3000 and the limit seems to be solved!

Thanks again, Roberto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back