Password strength indicator

corbmite

Hi, my first post, be gentle....

I have installed Fabrik 3.1b and latest Github update on a Joomal 3 test box at home (Ubuntu server 12.04). I have set up a user registration system to be managed by Fabrik. All works great except that in the front end the password strength indicator does not show anything - it is always blank, whereas in the back end it indicates the relative strength of the chosen password as it is entered - working as expected. Am I missing something trivial here? Thanks for any help.

Hmmm, works for me on the front end with the latest github.

Can you point us at the page? There may be some kind of JS conflict going on.

-- hugh

Hi

Spot on! I traced the issue to a jQuery conflict arising with another component: specifically I use SWMenuPro to control my menus. Disabling its loading of jQuery solved the issue.
Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Hmmmm. We shouldn't have a conflict with jQuery per se, unless they aren't using J! 3.x's built in support for loading jQuery, and are loading their own version, and not running in noConflict mode. Although even then, we've reqritten pretty much all our code to use document.id() instead of $(), which is where most jQuery conflicts come from, with both trying to use the $() shorthand.

Anway, glad you solved it, although I'd be interested in knowing why that component has a conflict.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back