Placeholders on Form introduction

jo-ka

Hello.
Following the Form help on Fabrik Wiki, here http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/forms/#add-edit-form-basic-settings, I've been trying to use placeholders on the form Introduction, but with no avail, like this:

{rowid} <-- It works
[fabrik_form___element] <-- Doesn't work
{fabrik_form___element} <-- Doesn't work (as expected)

upload_2021-5-6_16-34-15.png

Is there a way I can access element's placeholders on form intro as expected? Or shall I use something like sourcerer plugin? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, I'm processing plugins on both detail & form view.

upload_2021-5-6_16-35-18.png

Thanks in advance.

{your-full-element-name} is working, check for typos, spaces, formatting inside {}
The "Joomla plugins" setting doesn't matter (it's a placeholder)

Is stuff like
{new: here is a new form}
{edit: we are editing a form!}
doing?
What is your editor?

I have a similar problem: I'm trying to put placeholders on the form intro in order to provide a brief synopsis of the record, using a couple of fields

Whilst editing a record, this works well using the standard syntax {tblcontact___client_surname}
When inserting a record, the form just shows the literal characters of the placeholder - obviously this is undesirable.

So I started using the {new} and {edit} placeholders:

{new: A new record is being inserted} <--This works fine

{edit: {tblcontact___client_surname}} <-- Whilst editing, this works well, but in insert mode, I just get a closing curly brace on the form.

Am I using incorrect syntax?

I'm using J! 3.9 and Fabrik 3.9.2 Thinking that this might connected to my editor, I have used CodeMirror, TinyMCE and JCE with identical results.

Any help would be gratefully received
Thanks

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back