Prefilters in 2.5 and 3.1.x

gilesk

Hi Fabrik

I have noticed that my prefilters are no longer working

They worked fine in Version 1.5, but no longer work since being upgraded to 2.5 or 3.1.x

Capture.PNG

In version 1.5 I had the option to select Apply to "ie - Administrator" - so all users with Administrator and Above would only see the above two filters

With both 2.5 and 3.1.x I can only select "Special"

All users are now able to see "Financial and Life" members in my database

Can you please advise what steps I need to take so only Users with Administrator and Above can see the two Values?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 247
Hi

In J!2.5.x and J! 3.x the access levels working different so when you make a prefilter this applied in the users who belong to the group which has this access level.
In your case I would created a new access level named (ex. 'Admins') applying only to Administrator group or/and Super Users group. Then I would apply these pre-filters to this access level.

Thanks for all your help and links

I have completed what I believe should be done, but all users are still seeing everything

Created two users - one Called Fabrik (ie front End) and Fabrik Admin (Super Admin)

Filter3.PNG

What I am trying to achieve

We have a Field called Status that has five Fields, only two of these fields should be viewable by a standard user. But a Super User should see all records

Filter1.PNG

Do I need to change the list view from public to Fabrik (front end) on all my Elements

Filter2.PNG

Plus what account needs to be in the Filter

Filter4.PNG

This also brings me to another problem I have logged - I am unable to delete the bottom two filters in any browser since upgrading to 3.1rc2

Can you post screenshots of what access levels the two users (Fabrik and Fabrik Admin) have assigned to them?

-- hugh

Some principle of Joomla2+ ACL:
Access rights (or contraints as in prefilters) are defined by Access Levels not user groups. If you add a group for special access reasons you have to add an access level, too, and assign it to the group.
Access levels are inherited from the parent group, so with your setting (public group is parent of all other groups, so of Super Users) all prefilters applied to public are also applied to your SuperUsers (assuming public access level is assigned to public group).

Your prefilter setup:
Since Joomla2/Fabrik3 prefilters are applied to access level not applied to "below group" as it has been in Joomla1.5/Fabrik2.
With AND Fabrik Admin will see less than public users because a record has to match ALL conditions to be shown.
So public will see all records with Category=rer, special will see only records with Category=rer AND Category=tey (I assume this will show no record at all) etc.

those are the groups - what settings do you have for the access view levels?

Hi Rob

I think I?ve go a little lost with all this access level and not totally shore what I need to provide

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

This is the Database

Capture2.PNG

This is one of the Elements

Capture3.PNG

check, that your prefilter are set only on elements, that you have published und elements for the form - Prefilters on elements they are not published in elements will not filter! - I have found this bug today!

You didn't show which access levels are belonging to which groups ("open" fabrik Admin, Special, Public to show the checked groups)

So all prefilters applied to Public are applied to Fabrik Admin(inherited from Public group)
+ all prefilters applied to Special are applied to Fabrik Admin(inherited from SuperUsers)

If you want to prefilter with your usergroup/accesslevel structur you'll need something like
where xxx = status1 (appplied to public)
or
where xxx = status2 (appplied to public) -----> public (= all including admins) can see status1 + status2
or
where xxx= status3 (appplied to Fabrik admin) ----> Fabrik Admin can see status1 + status2 (because he is "public") + status3

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back