Preventing Spam Registrations from specific TLD

JackGoa

Hi, on one of my sites, we're getting a huge amount of fake registrations (Juser integration). Even with reCaptcha, they still seem to manage to register.

I there some way to prevent say, all registrations with an email address at *.ru? Maybe, they could submit, but the form simply does not save the info and send the notification to the administrator?

Maybe some kind of regex on the email field preventing a successful submission?

I'm not really sure what to do about these buggers anymore. Come to think of it, I managed to stop them before, using reCaptcha, pre-Joomla 3.7. Will investigate.

Just to confirm, as far as I can tell re-Captcha still works, even though, the noCaptcha option does not show up, only the old school version.

No problem.

Sorry man, I can't view those screencasts, I don't have Flash on my pc anymore.

I was just looking at the Re/NoCaptcha Options tab and forgot it's also a dropdown option under the Options tab. I changed that Subscribe link now to NoCaptcha and I get the attached screenshot.

It's coming back to me now, you mentioned last time in another thread there is some conflict with that template. I am unable to find the conflict though. All I can think then is to put some kind validation on that email field?

Attachments

• a_screenshot_171.jpg
    a_screenshot_171.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 27
I'm out of the house for the rest of the evening (gig), I'll take a look when I get back. There's no reason it shouldn't work.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. I'll leave it on for the subscribe form for now. I also can't see why it doesn't want to work :/

Enjoy. Chat tomorrow.

For reasons I don't understand, the call that loads the Google api code is completing before the callback script is ready.

Try editing ...

plugins/fabrik_element/captcha/layouts/fabrik-element-captcha-nocaptcha.php

... and remove the word 'async' from the line that loads api.js.

-- hugh

OK, try this:

Code:
<?php
defined('JPATH_BASE') or die;

$d = $displayData;
?>

<div class ="g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="<?php echo $d->site_key; ?>"></div>

<script src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js?hl=<?php echo $d->lang; ?>" async defer></script>

-- hugh

Ok so just to confirm, I replaced everything in that file with your code above, is that right?

The NoCaptcha displays now, but see the attached screenshot for the error I get.

Attachments

• a_screenshot_172.jpg
    a_screenshot_172.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 25
I'm using Chrome. I tried it twice now. The first time I got that error again, but the second time it went through.

Maybe I was just being too hasty and it hasn't loaded properly yet before I submitted the form.

Thanks Hugh! Will I need to update this all the time or will that code be changed permanently now?

Cool! Thanks so much. Have been stuck with this for months!

What would it take to get that MailChimp api we talked about, a few weeks ago, updated?

What would it take to get that MailChimp api we talked about, a few weeks ago, updated?

Several hours work, maybe half a day. Funded by whoever needs it badly enough to pay for it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back