Problems with a dirty uninstall

marchingegno

Hello, I'm a complete noob with Fabrik and Joomla, and after a first installation, due to space problems I decided to uninstall Fabrik but I did this uninstalling each extension at a time, and only later I found that there was a "Fabrik package" item. :( When I tried to uninstall it a got an error message telling me that components were missing and process failed. Stubbornly, after getting more space on the hosting site, I tried re-installing Fabrik, but I got another error message and, even though components were actually copied, I couldn't get it work properly. Finally, I tried another uninstall and then I removed manually the remaining files. However I can't get rid of a "Fabrik package" and a "fabrik" item in in the Extension Manager. I would like to make a fresh, and hopefully clean, installation, can someone give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Do you have access to your database?
- backup!!!
- delete all tables named #_fabrik_xxx (# = Joomla prefix)
- in #_extensions delete all rows with `folder` or `name` containing fabrik

HI again!
After cleaning everithing a re-installed Fabrik and got an unspecified error at the end of process. However components are all disabled and as soon as I activate them the entire site goes down and the following message appears:
400 - COM_FABRIK_SYSTEM_PLUGIN_NOT_ACTIVE
However, if I disable all fabrik components the site keeps on working again.
Any idea of what the problem could be?

also that string should be translated. Which language are you using on your site?

Hi, another Noob here with dirty uninstall.
I have followed above instructions from Troester, ie
delete all tables named #_fabrik_xxx (# = Joomla prefix)
- in #_extensions delete all rows with `folder` or `name` containing fabrik
Fabrik no longer lists under Components
however, the listing under Extension Manager: Manager, with filter "fabrik" still lists the following items which I cannot remove:

Fabrik Package
com_fabrik
mod_fabrik_form
mod_fabrik_list

Does anyone have any further ideas? I doubt that these items are harmful and they are disabled. Still, it would be nice to see a "clean" uninstall.

when trying to uninstall the package, I get:
Warning

Package Uninstall: Missing manifest file.
Error uninstalling package.

When attempting to remove com_fabrik:
Warning

JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/scanwher/public_html/testsite/administrator/components/com_fabrik
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/scanwher/public_html/testsite/components/com_fabrik
Component Uninstall: Can't uninstall. Please remove manually.
Error uninstalling component.

when trying mod_fabrik_form I get:
Warning

JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/scanwher/public_html/testsite/modules/mod_fabrik_form
Module Uninstall: Manifest file invalid or not found.
Error uninstalling module.

for Mod_fabrik_list:
Warning

JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/scanwher/public_html/testsite/modules/mod_fabrik_list
Module Uninstall: Manifest file invalid or not found.
Error uninstalling module.

1. this is a 3 years old thread
2. it seems you have still some fabrik entries in #_extensions

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back