Problems with all bootstrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgarcia

Hi there,
I just updated from git fabrik. I'm using j3.3 and although the list and forms display ok. None of the viz are working. I have try with different templates (bootstrap/helix/ect) and the only template that works is the default proto of joomla. Any comments advice on this?

Just an example. The calendar shows out of the wrap of every template. No, tips on days, nothing shows up when add bttn is click or you double click on a date (things that work on proto).

Thanks!

If only Protostar work and not the other templates, it's probably because they use Bootstrap 3, while Fabrik (and Joomla) use Bootstrap 2.
You'll need to do some CSS tweaking to make your template compatible.
I beleive there is a NoNumber extension that does make a "translation" of Bootstrap 2-3, but I have't tested it (yet).

Thanks JF,
I've been almost every day on this site learning about Fabrik and I have to say, sometimes its a bit confusing. If we have a Big Notice at the top of every forum saying F3.1 and J3.3 issues are now "sorted".
I could daresay, almost 80-90% of templates out there for J3.3 are already with BS3 or none what-so-ever. We should take that into consideration when explaining "compatibilities". Even though, the "issues" are on changes made on the core/base frameworks. Thanks again for your reply!

Commercial templates are made by designers who know very little about programming and care more for the fancy effects Bootstrap 3 allows.
Remember that Joomla 3 itself does not support Bootstrap 3 (I guess Joomla 4 will), so why do you expect that an extension made for Joomla 3 would make itself incompatible with Joomla.
Given that, as I said, there are solutions to accomodate Bootstrap 3 (I used a commercial template on a Fabrik 3.1 project), but expect to take some additional time to tweak the compatibility.

Got it! Wasn't my intention to disrespect the job well done my the F team. My apologies if I sounded otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back