Redirect after login

jh

Hi

Im not sure if this is a joomla setting or a fabrik setting but I have the following issue.

Some Fabrik forms are accessed via a url link in custom details view. This goes to a hidden menu item (set to registered) and the form add access is also set to registered. This all seems to work fine.

I have the joomla login set to redirect to a specific page, but I have noticed it seems to be over-ridden by the last form the user tried to access when not logged in, at least within a certain time period.
For example, if such a form link is clicked by a non-logged in user (and so no access permission), this last form is where the user is redirected to once they have logged in (eg they might have moved away to a different place, then logged in a couple of minutes later but get redirected to the last form they tried to access instead of the redirect as set in the login module).

I hope this makes sense and I hope there is a simple solution to this, but I can not seem to find any information anywhere.

Kind Regards

Hmmm. I can't think of anything we do which would cause that.

Does the same thing happen if you log in through the com_users component link rather than the login module? They use different methods for working out where to redirect to. The module looks for the current Itemid, and if that is set redirects to that menu item, if not it should stay on the same page. The component uses whatever you configured, or whatever is in an optional &return= query string arg, or whatever a plugin sets the users.login.form.return session variable to (which we don't).

Let me know about the component behavior.

-- hugh

Hi

Thank you, I think it was something to do with the log in method. I had been using a menu item login form, which had the behavior I mentioned above. I have now tested with the login module and it all seems to be working fine and going to the expected places. It hadnt occured to me they might be working differently, so thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards

OK. Glad you got it fixed. I still can't think of anything we do which would effect how J! redirects after login, in either component or module login. I spent a while looking at the code yesterday.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back