Schedule Email send filtered list

FatFingers

Hi, I'm having a complete block and need some help please.
I have a list called timesheet with 3 Elements:
Date element
Customer name element(DB join)
time spent

I have scheduled task to email out daily but I cant get it to send the list out in the email or even get it to filter the list to send the daily email with only the records added that day when the scheduled email is sent.

Would appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks.

What I usually do is create a copy of the list, apply a pre-filter to the copy, and put the cron job on that copy.

Or is that what you are trying? Can you get a date pre-filter to work, when just viewing the list?

-- hugh

No hadn't tried that I have now created a copy of the list and can pre filter that to today only.
On the Scheduled task I have now got it to this copy list that is pre filtered to today with the email plugin.

How do I get it to show the list in the email it sends out?

ok maybe not as this gives a dropdown in the top right of the email body to select any list although the data of other lists is not shown is there a way to remove the dropdown?

List settings, Details, Navigation tab, "Backend List Picker".

That really shouldn't get included anyway, I need to add a test to make sure the list isn't being displayed as part of a cron job, but because it's being done with the content plugin, that's not as easy as you might think.

Also, I think it would only happen when running the cron task by hand from the backend. If it was running as a scheduled task, the existing isAdmin() test for showing the list picker would prevent it.

Anyway, easy workaround is to turn off "Backend List Picker".

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back