Search fields that contain multiple data

Hi Guys

Im using civicrm and fabrik for a project. In civicrm it holds multiple data in a single column using the following format
Code:
1SOH2SOH4SOH

And fabrik bring this field as one string. Now the question

How would i search these values individually using the redirect plugin.

I have tried to explode the element data but its not working

Any ideas

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
You'd have to convert it to something Fabrik can understand. As far as I know, CiviCRM uses the special character hex 001 as a separator, which is "Start of Heading" (SOH) in Unicode. So your values are 1, 2 and 4?

The only way Fabrik could handle treating those as multiple values would be if they were mapped to (say) a checkbox element, and the data was structured as JSON ...

Code:
{"1","2","4"}

... and those values existed in the options set for the checkbox.

Are you working directly on tables from CiviCRM, or are you importing data that was exported from it?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Thanks alot for your reply. You are absolutely right with the Unicode character. and yes values are 1,2 and 4.

yes I'm working directly on tables from CiviCRM. and i got couple of custom fields which are multi drop downs and they display values from civicrm_option_values.

Oh by the way Picklist element saves data as follows

["6","5","7","3","2","1","9"]

Do you think i can search using this format?

Using the redirect plugin, I don't think it would be simple. You could try with the long form search query strings (see wiki), but it wouldn't be trivial.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back