Search joomla in all lists

enrb

Hello,
Is it possible on joomla to use a general search that searches all the fabrik lists?

According my knowledge there is no general search for all lists. You have to define in the individual list settings under publishing->search to include the list in Joomlas search. And in a second step select under details->filters which element should be included in the search.

The steps I've taken to try and include the results in the joomla search are:

• I have opened the list that I want to include in joomla search results

• In Publish Page -> In Joomla Search Tab I have enabled include in search results

• On the Details -> Filters -> Items page, I added the items I want to find in the search.

Unfortunately, the joomla search doesn't find anything...

I actually don't have the plugin installed.

However, I tried to download the plug-in and install it, joomla tells me that the installation was successful, but when I search to enable it, the plugins are not there...

Very strange..

What do you mean with (multiple) "the plugins"
Fabrik - Search should be there after an installation.
Can you see it in "Discover"?

Which Joomla/Fabrik/php version? (On php8 you should do a GitHub update anyway).

So, I'm still on php 7.4,
I solved it by installing the plug-in from github, but unfortunately when I go to search I get this error:
500 - Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list

Enable J! System debug and Fabrik Debug (in Fabrik Options Debugging), then it should show the complete error message.

I have debugging enabled and I have a very long error...

I'm only reporting the first part.

<pre>You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '(''.) AGAINST ('+pesi*' IN BOOLEAN MODE) OR MATCH( 'S/N: '.) AGAINST ('+pesi*...' at line 30</pre>

MATCH( 'S/N: '.)
MATCH should show some comma separated columns to search.
S/N: '. looks pretty wrong. Do you have an element where this may come from?

You can't use elements in repeat groups, multiselect elements etc.

I have both items in repeating groups, and multi-select items...
so is there just no way to make joomla search work?

Repeatgroup elements should do. You may have to add a FULLTEXT index manually.

For multiselect items: For each of them you can create a list pointing the repeat table, join it to the lookup table (as the dbjoin is doing), add the label element to J! search and add custom view and/or edit links pointing to the original list (with rowid={....parent_id_raw}
Pretty tricky and complex but seems to be working.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back