sef urls not working

prophoto

Is there a wiki doc (already searched but couldn't find) where I can see all steps required to setup sef urls for detail and edit urls? So far I found List edit, details, nav, sef slug and its set to the title element but its not working. Also should I have a secondary element that is created without spaces and uppercase letters? Thanks.

Hi I don't think there is one page, what specifically isn't working? What settings do you have? If an element is selected as the slug element then its automatically set to replace spaces with hyphens etc.

I have chosen the record title field which may contain spaces or other characters not allowed in a url. I am getting the sef url on an element that has link to details turned on, but spaces are not being removed.
/list1/details/2/3-test 3.html (title has a space, not being replaced)
/list1/details/2/6-title.html (correct, title did not have a space)

Also the view details button is not displaying the sef url which is not good for seo as the same page will have two urls.
/list1/details/2/3.html
/list1/details/2/6.html

Uppercase letters are also not being changed to lowercase, will this make a 3rd url?

yes seems there was an issue with the slug code - I think I've fixed it - so now it should all be lower cased, and no spaces (and applied to all links)

Hi - when you say 'links added to fields' - are those the links created when you edit the element and select 'link to details' or are they custom element links?
For me the 'link to details' links appear to be correct. For the custom links I don't think we should be adding anything to the URL as its custom, I know we append the rowid, but it think it would be perhaps odd to append the slug as well?

Element is set to link to details, I'm getting this on elements...
/list1/details/2/3-Test 3.html

And this on edit and details buttons
/list1/details/2/3-test-3.html

They should be the same.

I can't replicate this, here's a video of my links :
http://screencast.com/t/OaTrJ8Muh7x9

I tried using the site you entered into "my sites" - but didn't see anything on the front end that correlated with those links, and the login you supplied wouldn't let me log in so I couldn't check the backend. Could you double check that one please?

did you update from github - it seems that none of the changes i have added are appearing on the site?

I updated on 12/6 which fix some of the issues but not all of them. Are you saying you have made more changes to this since that date?

I just updated from git and its still not right. Element links are incorrect, details button links are correct. See my /guide.html page, 'test 3' and 'test gov' element links have spaces in the url, but the details button does not.

I have another issue with duplicate content, if you go to the homepage of my site I have a featured listing box. Those detail/element links are showing this url /component/fabrik/details/16/3-test-3.html and the original list urls are showing as /guide/details/2/3-test-3.html. Both of these records are the same, how do I avoid duplicate urls and content for the same data?

...and a 3rd list with another url to show a different view of the same data... /guide/guide-list/details/18/3.html

Probably because one link is generated via a joomla menu item and thus the sef logic joomla applies is not the same. So in one url before its converted to a sef url there is an itemid=x querystring parameter which identifies the menu item and that qs variable is not present in the other link

Probably because one link is generated via a joomla menu item and thus the sef logic joomla applies is not the same. So in one url before its converted to a sef url there is an itemid=x querystring parameter which identifies the menu item and that qs variable is not present in the other link
So is there a fix?

I'm not entirely sure, this is one of Joomla's weaker points. How are you making the featured list box - is it a module or a content plugin?
I think what we might be able to implement is a setting in the module code which says 'this module's links should take the item id value from menu item:' and provide a dropdown of menu items to select.
It might take a bit of experimentation on my part to see if that works though - I'll test and report back

Ok I think I have it working for the list module. If you update from github and then edit the module, you will see a new option labelled 'Related menu item' - if you select the list's main menu item then the modules edit/add links will be the same as the list menu item's links

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back