sef urls not working

1. In my /guide.html page I am using the div layout template, not a module. On my homepage I am using two modules and they appear to be using the menu links from their lists. I haven't updated since last week if I get time today I will try it and see if there is a difference.

2. The original issue is still not fixed. I am getting two different urls for an element link to details and the details button in the same record on a list page. Please take a look at /guide.html page on my site and fix. Spaces and capital letters ARE NOT being removed from the urls in the element links to details pages.

I still don't have an FTP account to update the files on the site and test /fix this issue Please supply for me to help you!

Ok I think I have it working for the list module. If you update from github and then edit the module, you will see a new option labelled 'Related menu item' - if you select the list's main menu item then the modules edit/add links will be the same as the list menu item's links

This seems to be working for the module and first part of the url but not completely. It is still showing the secondary list id in the url /guide/detail/16/3-test-3.html (16) instead of the primary list id (2) /guide/detail/2/3-test-3.html.

I ended up changing the list in the module and adding a prefilter to the module, this is giving me the correct urls in the view details button /guide/detail/2/3-test-3.html BUT NOT the element links as I have stated a number of times.

Extplorer was installed two weeks ago.
Hmm ok sorry didnt see that - Joomla fails to order the component menu alphabetically.
Extplorer is still really a poor mans choice. Imagine if I have to upload 20 files - its going to take me a very long time to do it one file by file. :( I fail to see why its better for you to provide me with that than an ftp account limited to your site's folder :confused:

This seems to be working for the module and first part of the url but not completely. It is still showing the secondary list id in the url /guide/detail/16/3-test-3.html (16) instead of the primary list id (2) /guide/detail/2/3-test-3.html.
Is that not because the module on the home page points to the 'featured guides' list where as your guides menu link points to the 'guides' list?

A solution would be to set the homepage module to link to the 'guides' list, and apply a prefilter to the menu link to only show the featured guides. That way it will link to the same url.

Alternatively, and this is not something I've any experience with, you could use a sef component to help with re-writing the urls but as I said I've no experience with doing that or know if its possible, but its just a thought.
BUT NOT the element links as I have stated a number of times.
Is that the same issue you are referring to here - http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/db-join-filter-current-user.36811/page-2 if so then its probably best to keep to one issue per thread, to avoid confusion, if not then could you elaborate please?

2. The original issue is still not fixed. I am getting two different urls for an element link to details and the details button in the same record on a list page. Please take a look at /guide.html page on my site and fix. Spaces and capital letters ARE NOT being removed from the urls in the element links to details pages.
This is my first concern, I've explained this about 3 different ways not sure how else to do so. I will start another thread if you prefer for the secondary issue of multiple urls pointing to the same records.

Aha :) so your' 'Business_Organization_Name' element had a custom link which is why I couldn't replicate this locally.

The custom link was :

Code:
/guide/details/{listid}/{rowid}-{guide___Business_Organization_Name}.html

removing that and simply using the sef url that Fabrik generates works, or if you need access to the slug itself you could use:

Code:
/guide/details/{listid}/{slug}

I understand that...but why doesn't fabrik remove the spaces and uppercase letters from the elements custom link URL? I want the business name in the URL for SEO.

Its getting closer...now the element's custom link is /guide/details/2/3-test-3 and the details button is /guide/details/2/3-test-3.html. Add the .html extension back into the element's custom link and we are there ;).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back