send form to logged in user (CB)

emilio

HI
i have a form that the logged in users from community builder fill to send back products to us.
I don`t want the logged in user to write his email again and i`d like that the user could receive automatically the submitted form....
In this case i cannot retrieve the "elementname" from the form so i don`t know how to use the plugin.....
I just want the logged in CB user to receive the details of his submitted form but how ? :confused:

Ok, I am going to try and understand what you said.

You want to send a "receipt" to the user that submits the form.

For example elements to help you understand we will say that:
"fab_Returns" is the table you are using
"email" is the "user element" that is set to capture the user's e-mail
"name" is the "user element" that is set to capture the user's name
"product" is a "dropdown element" where they select the product they are returning

In corresponding order to what is above the element placeholders are:
{fab_Returns___email}
{fab_Returns___name}
{fab_Returns___product}

So to do this email receipt you want, you need to go to Fabrik -> Forms ->your form to edit then go to the Submission plug-ins tab.

In the Submission plug-ins tab set:
Do "receipt" In "Front end" On "New" (for now)
In the Send Confirmation Receipt to field put {fab_Returns___email}
In the Receipt title field put something like Your Return Receipt
In the Message to send field put what you want the e-mail to say, and use HTML code for paragraphs for example:
Code:
Hello {fab_Returns___name},
<P>
We are sorry that you are returning one or more products, a copy of your submitted return is below:
<P>
Your Name: {fab_Returns___name}
<P>
Product Returning: {fab_Returns___product}

That is a short example.

Note that ___ is 3 _ (underscores)

If you are unsure what the placeholder is go to the elements tab (Fabrik -> Elements) and copy/paste the "Full element name".

Good morning DesoWV

sorry for answering to you only now ..i have not internet at home these days but only at the job so i can read and answer only on "duty" time lol...
Well i know the procedure for returning an email to a customer who filled the form with his email field, the problem is that i want only registered users to fill the form so it`s useless for me to ask the user to fill the form with his email.
What i want is simply to retrieve the email from the user while he is logged in from his registration data and i want to know if this is possible...

Add a 'user' element to the form. Set it to 'hidden' and 'email'. Use the full element name of your user element as the placeholder in the email plugin 'send to' field.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back