Fixed Separator between groups in a repeating group

ghicar

I have a list with a repeating group, and the repeat group has many fields. So when the list form is displayed the repeating group is configured to use the "list" rather than "table" template. I put some text in the repeat group "Introduction" field which helps to separate the groups visually. However the Introduction text only displays when editing the form and not when viewing the form.

I expect it would be an enhancement request rather than a bug report to ask for Form views to also display the Introduction text, as I have not tried this before so do not know the behaviour of previous major versions of Fabrik.

In case its of use to others I have added the following custom css to the fabrik custom css files in ~/components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl/bootstrap/custom_css.php and ~/components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/bootstrap/custom_css.php This draws a line between each repeat when in list template (not table):
Code:
div.fabrikSubGroupElements
{
    border: grey;
    border-style: none none solid none;
}

But it would be good to have the repeat group intro text inserted in a Form view as well as edit.

Last edited:
It seems the repeat group intro never made it into the details view.

Can you copy
components\com_fabrik\views\form\tmpl\bootstrap\default_repeatgroup.php
to
components\com_fabrik\views\details\tmpl\bootstrap\default_repeatgroup.php

(rename the original file before)

troester, many thanks for the quick response. I did slightly better, I merged the relevant code fragments into the details version of default_repeatgroup.php and it works well. Below are the highlighted changes in case anyone else wants a quick fix:
Screenshot 2024-02-09 192806.png

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back