Setting values for one repeating group entity

genyded

Hi,

OK I searched for few hours and came up with posts and wiki stuff all around want I need to do, but nothing exactly quite like it. I have a tabbed form and the 1st tab is information for a contact person - there is only one of these. The 2nd tab is repeating group of Authors and there can be one to X of those.

The contact person may or may not be an Author as well... so what I want to do is pre-populate the 1st set of repeating group values for the contact person. If they are not an author they can then remove that instance of the repeating group. I know I could also have them add themselves, but apparently some people can't read, so my clients opting in favor of forcing them to remove themselves instead of adding themselves.

So, any thoughts on how to populate the 1st (and only the 1st meaning I cannot use defaults because those apply to all instances) set of values for a repeating group on it's own tab? The values are things like the current users name, email etc, so they are readily available. I just can't quite figure out how to add them to only the 1st repeating group instance on the form load.

TIA,
Dale

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back