Single element permission

marioms

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding to some other matter.

On the system I'm building there are different user roles (Administrator, Manager and Editor). Admin can do anything, from create invoices and documents with forms to delete and edit. Manager is pretty much the same thing but without the back-end permissions. But the editor must be able to edit some fields within the invoice he or she has been assigned to. For example:

A Manager creates a new task, then, the editor logs in with his account and see that task listed in his work flow profile page (a simple list with a filter applied to show only those entries with the name of the editor). Then, inside the view, he can see the kind of work he has to do. I want the editor to be able to edit or change 2 elements (start of work and end of work, both of them date fields) and the rest of the elements be blocked so they cannot change anything but those 2 I said before. How can I do that?

Thanks!!

Mario

Hi Alastair, while your post is very useful, I did not fully understand if I can make only 2 elements editable inside of a view, I can either edit all of them or any, and my question is if it is possible to be able to make those 2 only elements editable by editor.

>> I did not fully understand if I can make only 2 elements editable inside of a view,

By 'view' I imagine you are referring to a form?

The permissions model that I referred you to allows you to setup a fined grained permissions framework. This is possible because each element has under Access a Form (edit) to which you can assign a user group. This then allows you to control which groups can edit each element.

Alastair

Members online

No members online now.
Back