Slow loading

mazhar996

Hi there,
i know that this issue has been raised many times, but since i didn't see any improvements, so i thought to point it again.
I have a table with 1000 rows only. If i have display num = 10 then its OK(it could have been faster) but if i set display num = all, then it takes over 2 minutes to display all rows which is very very slow. is there some way to improve it? i have used "Table Manager" and there the same data is loaded witin few seconds (max 5 seconds).

Fabrik 1.0 is what it is. There won't be any more work done on it short of fixing 'fatal' bugs.

You might be able to speed things up by adding indexes on the underlying MySQL table, on any fields you are using in any kind of filter, or table joins, or grouping, etc.

Fabrik 2.0 has some dramatic speed improvements over 1.0, and will be further improved in 2.1.

-- hugh

Fabrik 2.0 form-page load speed :(

Hey guys
I'm using Fabrik 2.0 and in my case i'm more concerned with the loading issue: i mean, for a form with 15 elements more or less, it loads one javascript for each element.
Basically, these are the .js files my form-page loads:
/media/system/js/mootools.js
/media/system/js/modal.js
/components/com_k2/js/k2.js
/plugins/system/jceutilities/js/mediaobject.js?v=222
/plugins/system/jceutilities/js/jceutilities.js?v=222
/components/com_fabrik/libs/mootools-ext.js
/media/system/js/calendar.js
/media/system/js/calendar-setup.js
/components/com_fabrik/libs/slimbox.js
/media/com_fabrik/js/form.js
/media/com_fabrik/js/element.js
/components/com_fabrik/plugins/element/fabrikinternalid/javascript.js
/components/com_fabrik/plugins/element/fabrikdate/javascript.js
/components/com_fabrik/plugins/element/fabrikfield/javascript.js
/components/com_fabrik/plugins/element/fabriktextarea/javascript.js
/components/com_fabrik/plugins/element/fabrikcheckbox/javascript.js
/components/com_fabrik/libs/excanvas.js
/components/com_fabrik/libs/mocha.js
/media/com_fabrik/js/package.js
Some 10 of these are fabrik javascripts.
Maybe you guys could have some hints on optimizing Fabrik 2.0 in particular and Joomla in general to have it work faster? Cause one cannot load 100s of KB of scripts for one page... :(
Thanks,

Catalin

This shouldn't really be in Fabrik 1's forum then ;)

You can maybe try to "compress JS" (or something, I don't remember) by going to Fabrik>Tables>Parameters. Maybe that will help.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back