[SOLVED] Adding New Fields To A List via Easy Profile

reidwalley

1. Couple months ago I created a Fabrik List that displays all the field elements from Easy Profile extension.
- works great

2. Last week I went in to Easy Profile and added a brand new field.
- I thought this would then automatically show up in my Fabrik List. But it didn't.

3. Now that I've added a NEW field to Easy Profile ? and Fabrik is already displaying the Easy Profile field elements from 2 months ago ? how do I get Fabrik to "attach" to my NEW Easy Profile field element.

Last edited:
You can try the "update database" link on the "Forms" backend page for that form. Suggest you back your database up first.

Or you can set "Alter field types" in the list advanced settings to "new only" and add a new element to that form with the same name as the one added in easy profile.

-- hugh

I tried all of those things, too. But the new Easy Profile field's data doesn't show in the Fabrik List.

The name of the new column shows in the Fabrik List, but the field is empty - even though there's info in the field when I check the User.

Attachments

• Fabrik - 1.png
    Fabrik - 1.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Fabrik - 2.png
    Fabrik - 2.png
    173.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Fabrik - 3.png
    Fabrik - 3.png
    183.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Fabrik - 4.png
    Fabrik - 4.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Fabrik - 5.png
    Fabrik - 5.png
    325.4 KB · Views: 64
I think the "Updata database" is for updating the DB with new fields created in Fabrik. You need the other way around.

To add an existing DB column as a Fabrik element see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-field-with-view-as-listbase.46143/

Looking at your screenshots it seems you have done this already.
Are you sure that you have exactly the same element/column name?
Have a look directly in your database table (with something like phpMyAdmin).

Ah, getting the exact same element/column name was harder than I thought. The original Easy Profile field had so many characters that its Alias field got cut off - and I didn't realize that when I copied the Easy Profile title over to Fabrik.

Example:
Title of field: If Agency application, please add additional name
Cut-off Alias in phpMyAdmin: if_agency_application_please_add_additi

As always, thanks for your help.

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back