[SOLVED] cannot delete files with delete button

Manuelbolzano

Hello everyone! I have a problem with an upload field.
The first time I load a file, it loads it without problems, if I want to delete it with the delete button, it does nothing.
has anyone had the same problem?

Standard upload of ajax upload?
Frontend, backend? Did you try both?
Which Joomla template? (Did you try with standard Protostar?)
Error messages, JS errors in bowser console?
Element settings?
PHP version?

Standard upload of ajax upload? Standard
Frontend, backend? Did you try both? Front and Back
Which Joomla template? (Did you try with standard Protostar?) Yes Protostar
Error messages, JS errors in bowser console? dont give me error to default.. with error reportin to "developer mode" give me this

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /web/htdocs/MYWEBSITE/home/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 997

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /web/htdocs/MYWEBSITE/home/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 4244

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /web/htdocs/MYWEBSITE/home/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 4306

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /web/htdocs/MYWEBSITE/home/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 1072

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /web/htdocs/MYWEBSITE/home/components/com_fabrik/models/group.php on line 954

Element settings? What can I tell you to be able to understand?

PHP version? 7.4.16

Hitting the delete button should show you a confirmation popup "Do you want to remove the file reference from this record?..."

It's definitivly working even with php7.4 (although official Fabrik3.9.2 is not php7.4 ready, showing those "deprecated" messges; there are several fixes in GitHub)

So if you don't get this popup it must be something in your setup.
e.g. 3rd-party stuff injecting own JS or CSS, folder permissions, fileupload element settings ...

Hitting the delete button should show you a confirmation popup "Do you want to remove the file reference from this record?..."
Ok.. so the problem is here, I don't have any popup requests .. it doesn't eit in front nor in back

It's definitivly working even with php7.4 (although official Fabrik3.2 is not php7.4 ready, showing those "deprecated" messges; there are several fixes in GitHub)
so you advise me to leave it, or set an older version?

So if you don't get this popup it must be something in your setup.
e.g. 3rd-party stuff injecting own JS or CSS, folder permissions, fileupload element settings ...

the problem is that there is nothing installed, the only component is akeeba, the template is the default "protostar" ... the same error appeared to me locally with MAMP

one thing I noticed, is the problem of opening the calendar, which I installed yesterday. the form does not open to select the fairy, so I think the problem is actually related to some JS or CSS but I just can't solve it.

Last edited:
If you easyly can switch to php7.3 I would do it to exclude php7.4 issues. With php7.4 you should reset the error reporting to simple or none (any such warning may break JSON responses etc.)

Akeeba shouldn't do anything bad.

Did you try different browsers?
Can you see JS errors in your browser console?

Ok, i have change PHP version to 7.3, disable all error to Joomla, and dont have me resolved, same problem...
Have tested to Safari, Opera, Chrome, Firefox with mac and Edge, Chrome and Firefox with Windows, same problem...

I have Made video from error https://bit.ly/2OJvlud

Error on browser console refers to date element. Don't you happen to have old "date" and "jdate" element on a same form? They don't work together.

This is elements to my form.. i have only one field jdate.. correctly?

Sorry about this is my first project with Fabrik ;)

Attachments

• form.jpg
    form.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 72
From your screenshot I can see you have exactly that problem. You have one "jdate" element and several "date" elements. Change the "date" elements to "jdate" and your problem will very likely disappear.

OOOH YES! Thanks juuser

date and jdate give conflict not only to the calendar, but also to the JS that manages the uploading of files

Now working ALL! :cool:

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back