Solved: Content plugin not equal !=

sunnyjey

Is there any way to filter content plugin result using not equal (!=) or not identical (!==) operator ?

e.g

{fabrik view=list id=1 tablename___elementname!=foobar}

Just to give an example. I have F! List of Hotels. In the detail view of one of the Hotel (Say Metro-Hotel), I am showing other Hotels in the same city:

{fabrik view=list id=1 tablename___city_raw=New York}

But, this displays all Hotels in the City including the current Metro-Hotel. How do I exclude the Metro-Hotel from the list ?

{fabrik view=list id=1 tablename___city_raw=New York tablename___id_raw!=[rowid]}

I had already tried <> multiple times, but it doesn't work. Ironically, <> it works as = (equal to).

If possible, can you check at your end by testing at your server.

Last edited:
Ok, the syntax is
table___feld[value]=something table___feld[condition]=<>

It seems only for = you can use directly table___feld=something
(which makes sense because the content plugin params are like URL params)

I did it, it's working.
Maybe it's some caching, try to
- set your list to "disable caching"=yes
- add resetfilters=1 in the content plugin string

I think strings must be URL encoded, so not New York but New%20York.
What are your element "List view"/Filters settings?

I really don't know whats is going wrong.

When I add following to the URL directly in browser :
Code:
mydomain.com/myfabriklist?mytable___city_raw=14&mytable___id[value]=489&mytable___id[condition]=<>

The URL filtering works. It nicely removes the rowid number 489. But when I put same in content plugin like:

When I use same in the content plugin:

Code:
{fabrik view=list listid=1 resetfilters=1 mytable___city_raw=14 mytable___id[value]=489 mytable___id[condition]=<>}

It throws the following error, even after deleting cache & different browsers:

Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list Radiologist Profile:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '489 )
ORDER BY `mytable`.`id` DESC' at line 10

I am just clueless.

Last edited:
You must separate the parameters (without the & needed in the URL)
mytable___city_raw=14 mytable___id[value]=489 mytable___id[condition]=<>
Make sure that you don't have any formatting or multiple spaces inside {} (Check with a raw code editor tab)

You must separate the parameters (without the & needed in the URL)

My bad! I have placed correct code on my server without 'any gap' or '&' in content plugin. Here, at forum I just copied from URL code but forgot to remove '&' from the code, which I just edited & corrected.

There is something wrong. I tried and tried again with different elements, different list & different custom detail template. Deleted Cache & also Deleted Prefilters. But getting same error:

Code:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '489 )

In protostar Template, I'm getting following error:

Code:
#500 Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list mytable: <br /><br /><pre>You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '489 ) ORDER BY `mytable`.`id` DESC' at line 10</pre>

Just want to make sure, have you tried content plugin <> filtering in Custom Detail template ?

Just want to make sure, have you tried content plugin <> filtering in Custom Detail template ?
Ok, it's not working in a template, I get the same error there.
But it's working in the intro...

It's the < which is not handled correctly (condition=< is breaking also)
Trick:
use &lt;&gt;
So
{fabrik view=list listid=1 resetfilters=1 mytable___city_raw=14 mytable___id[value]=489 mytable___id[condition]=&lt;&gt;}
is doing also in the template on my site

Thank you so much for taking your time and confirming this BUG!

Hope @cheesegrits will make necessary changes, till then &lt;&gt; will do my job :).

Just to notify, => & =< are also not working in custom template.

It's not a bug, it's just that templates are actual PHP files, rendering directly, so if you want a < or a > to render correctly, you have to encode them.

-- hugh

Ok, it's not working in a template, I get the same error there.
But it's working in the intro...

It's the < which is not handled correctly (condition=< is breaking also)
Trick:
use &lt;&gt;
So
{fabrik view=list listid=1 resetfilters=1 mytable___city_raw=14 mytable___id[value]=489 mytable___id[condition]=&lt;&gt;}
is doing also in the template on my site

Code:
&lt;&gt;

This is throwing error in 8.x php, but works in 7.x php versions. Is there any way to get it working in the 8.x php version too ?

{fabrik view=list listid=4 layout=div test17___id[value]=305 test17___id[condition]=&lt;&gt;}
or
{fabrik view=list listid=4 layout=div test17___id[value]=305 test17___id[condition]=&lt;>}

is both working on php8 in a details template (Fabrik 3 and Fabrik 4) and in an article (Fabrik 4)

It seems <> is working in J!3/php8 article.

Thank you @troester for taking time and testing on php 8 version.

Strangely, I am getting error for same code. I have tried with multiple combinations. It looks there is some issue with my server, may be some plugin/module/extension of php is not enabled or maybe due to some firewall (though it is less likely) system installed on my Server.

Members online

No members online now.
Back