SOLVED: Same list on two different sites

juuser

Hi,

I would need to have the same list (elements and data) on two different sites. When it's edited on one site, it should replicate to another. I have an access to mysql databases between both sites.

And the second challenge is that I would like to add article via form article plugin into two different sites.

What would be a good way of achieving this.

BR,
Martin

Last edited:
There's nothing baked in that would do that. Well, not to replicate changes to the list structure (the Fabrik metadata). You could access the data table itself on a second database connection, import it to a List and set everything up the same on the second server. But you'd have to manually manage changes to the Fabrik settings.

For the articles, again, nothing baked in, and I can't think of a way of doing that, as it involves J! databases.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh, I realize that my explaination wasn't the best. Actually I don't need changes to Fabrik list settings to be replicated to another site. I can make an identical list to both sites once and that's it.

I only need the data entered from one site to be seen on another and vice versa.

I can probably use form php plugin to enter data to another sites database.

About the articles, I can probably use the same method, althrough it seems much more complicated, as I need to enter data at least to content and assets table.

I just thought I ask hoping there would be some more smart way of achieving this :)

BR,
Martin

For the list:
Do you need two lists (one in each DB) with identical content?
Or could it be only one list, accessed from your 2nd website via a 2nd Fabrik connection?

It can be one list, but there should be possibility to enter data to this list from both sites. And same list data should be displayed on both sites.

BR,
Martin

For the list:
Do you need two lists (one in each DB) with identical content?
Or could it be only one list, accessed from your 2nd website via a 2nd Fabrik connection?

As long as you don't need userids, joins to other tables etc. this should be possible.

Create a 2nd Fabrik connection with the params of the external DB.
Create a Fabrik list pointing to the external table (to avoid mixing up things set "Alter field types =NO in Advanced)
Edit the created elements (element labels, formatting, validations...) to match the original ones.

I'm almost there, but got stuck with the file uploading (fileupload element). I should be able to upload a file also to second sites directory, but I have no idea at the moment how could I do it?
Files could be also devided between to sites, but how could I refer to the right file in the list?

BR,
Martin

Hmm
I think having two fileuploads is ok for adding records but not for editing: if you edit a record added via the other site it won't find the image in the fileupload element.
So I'm not sure how to handle this...
Who is allowed to add, to edit?

Damn, didn't think of that. There would be a couple of persons for both sites who should have add and edit access.

Thanks again Troester for guiding me to the right track! I have found a solution (although not perfect) that satisfies me, so I thought I share in case someone bumps to the same problem.

I shared fileupload folders so both sites have access to other site folder (folders should have the same name).
I created form php plugin and wrote a code to copy uploaded files to another site fileupload folder.
Of course you have to create ApacheUser account on each server and in Apache service LogOn tab insert these credentials, so Apache service would have an access to network folders.

Seems to work fine. One minor drawback is that when a file is deleted in one site, it remains to the other sites folder, but that is rear and I can live with a few extra useless files in my server.

BR,
Martin

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back