Some Forms E-mail...Some don't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmorey

Hello. I've been using Fabrik about 2 weeks, to manage 6 webforms on our website at www.turfvalleyresort.com
You can view one of them here: http://mfetvrforms.zapto.org:81/joomla/index.php?option=com_fabrik&Itemid=29
Sadly, that one doesn't e-mail.
I've gone through and changed all of its settings (except its table) to match http://mfetvrforms.zapto.org:81/joomla/index.php?option=com_fabrik&Itemid=28 which DOES e-mail.

I've gone through and checked publishing dates and CURL script settings, and we have publishing start dates on everything and CURL scripts set to never.

They all worked at one time, and seem to have stopped of their own accord.

We're on 1.0.4 here. Any Ideas?

Any insight you can provide is sincerely appreciated.

My experience of software (after close to 30 years of programming) is that things never stop working of their own accord. Somebody, somewhere, changed something.

Unfortunately there's nothing we can tell from the front end forms. All the stuff we need to see is on the admin backend. If you want to PM me login details, I'll take a look.

-- hugh

BTW, I thought I'd share this little exchange between Rob and I just now, so you can see just how totally useless we really are, and how scared you should be if you rely on us to fix things:

[5:01:47 PM] Hugh Messenger says: someone's form email stopped working of its own accord
[5:02:00 PM] Hugh Messenger says: I told you Fabrik was becoming self-aware, and would soon be applying for citizenship.
[5:02:03 PM] rob clayburn says: lol
[5:02:23 PM] rob clayburn says: i hate two things
[5:02:34 PM] Hugh Messenger says: only 2?
[5:02:34 PM] rob clayburn says: 1) email
2) encoding
[5:02:35 PM] rob clayburn says: :D
[5:02:47 PM] Hugh Messenger says: i have a huge long list, starting with brussel sprouts
[5:02:49 PM] rob clayburn says: yeah otherwise im happy go lucky
[5:03:00 PM] rob clayburn says: brussel sprouts are great - its all in the cooking
[5:03:43 PM] Hugh Messenger says: oh i'm sure ... but I went to Brit prep and public schools ... the smell of brussel sprouts being cooked overnight haunts me to this day.
[5:03:56 PM] rob clayburn says: ahh
[5:04:02 PM] rob clayburn says: ou nieghbor was cabbage
[5:04:07 PM] rob clayburn says: well she wasnt personally
[5:04:13 PM] Hugh Messenger says: LOL!
[5:04:19 PM] rob clayburn says: she just boiled all the vitamins out
[5:04:26 PM] Hugh Messenger says: yeah
[5:04:34 PM] Hugh Messenger says: these days I steam most of my veggies
[5:04:50 PM] Hugh Messenger says: for the shortest possible time
[5:05:09 PM] Hugh Messenger says: so why do you hate email?
[5:05:37 PM] Hugh Messenger says: i guess this guys problem probably explains why, LOL!
[5:06:34 PM] rob clayburn says: yeah
[5:06:46 PM] rob clayburn says: for the veg and the email
[5:07:09 PM] Hugh Messenger says: yeah, steam the email. that'll work.

-- hugh

OK, I had a look at the non-working form.

You were setting the "From" address to an element name {all_forms_email}, which is in a group that isn't used on that form. I set it to your webmaster address. And the "Send confirmation receipt to" field wasn't set, so I set it to the email element.

That form now sends me a confirmation receipt to me, not sure if you are getting the webmaster email.

-- hugh

Hugh Messenger said:
OK, I had a look at the non-working form.

You were setting the "From" address to an element name {all_forms_email}, which is in a group that isn't used on that form. I set it to your webmaster address. And the "Send confirmation receipt to" field wasn't set, so I set it to the email element.

That form now sends me a confirmation receipt to me, not sure if you are getting the webmaster email.

-- hugh

Now THAT'S support! :)

...just trolling the forums tonight taking notes.

Why thank you. When we get things right, life is good.

Sorry about the lack of responses since you last posted, I've had some family issues to deal with, had to take time out from Fabrik support.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back