Suggestion Box: Browser-side Ajax Validations

terp

Beta Tester Extraordinaire
I was playing with some extensions tonight, as I am simply trying to extend the core registration (i.e., add state/city and few other fields) and after playing with Community Builder, I thought it's a little bloated for what I am trying to do; I ran across an extension that worked perfectly, but @ $40 (19 Pounds and a depreciating USD), I am further playing with its newsletter feature hoping to find some addition value to justify the outlay. :)

Nonetheless, I thought there were fields that require server-side validations or some type of regular expressions or something like that...but I see they have browser-side Ajax handling this (forgive me if my jargon is wrong), which was a nice touch and looked professional.

I therefore made a 1 minute video (also playing with Jing tonight, too, for the first time 8)) to give you a visual...food for thought for 3.0? :)

http://screencast.com/t/dujrZrYKLDP

Yup this is definately on the to-do list most likely in fabrik 2.1, as Im not adding any new features to 2.0 (there's still far too much to fix first!)

Cheers
Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back