Tabbed list layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

wezetel

I have a list of people. Added a calc element to return the 1st letter of their name to get an alpha register.

First of all: the tipp of the list->details->layout-> tab field says: Select the field to use for tab titles in tabbed list templates. Is the bootstrap layout such a list template? ( I can only select bootstrap or div). In the J3 wiki there is no description (at least I didn't see) for this setting.

Second: I selected bootstrap and the letter field in list settings->layout->tabfield.

Result: I only see the 'All' tab and a '-' tab. In addition I get following warnings:

Warning: Undefined variable $item in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.de/yyy.xxx.de/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 12337

Warning: Attempt to read property "id" on null in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.de/yyy.xxx.de/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 12337

calc element in general:
Filters are pulling directly from the database, so calc is working correctly only if set to "only calc on save"=yes (and if there are existing records all values are manually filled by saving each record or doing it directly in the database).

Tabbed list filter:
This was included in the form tab layout which has changed and so it's not longer working for list tabs.

Can you test:

Add the extracted fabrik-list-tabs.php to
components\com_fabrik\layouts\list

and change
components\com_fabrik\views\list\tmpl\bootstrap\default_tabs.php line 10
getLayout('list.fabrik-list-tabs')

The list tabs code is pretty complex. I'll have a look about the warning.

Attachments

• fabrik-list-tabs.zip
    556 bytes · Views: 56
In advance: I seem to have a problem with the caching of my website and therefore I need to wait some time to see the result of some code changes (even if I delete browser and Joomla cache..).

With the proposed changes the tabbed list layout is working as expected, even if with the tabs I don't need the filter section above the list. Probably I do some changes to the css to hide it.

Regarding the warning messages: now I get an additional warning message:
Warning: Undefined property: stdClass::$class in /var/www/vhosts/wezetel.de/starzach2.wezetel.de/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 12378
This line is displayed 0 to many times, varying if I select an different tabs. In addition: the warning messages appear, even if I disable debugging at all ond only disapear, if I set Joomlas error reporting to none. Shouldn't warnings be hidden when error reporting is set to standard?

Warnings are coming from J!error reporting level (max= all including deprecated; simple = error + warnings, without notices; System Default depends on your server php.ini settings)
see e.g. https://www.itoctopus.com/error-reporting-in-joomla for setting your own level

list.php line 12378: if (isset($data->class) && strpos($data->class, 'active') !== false)
list.php line 12337: $context = 'com_'.$package.$menu.'list'.$listId; (remove $item->id. )

The filter showing up in the filter block (readonly if this element is not set as list filter) isusual Fabrik, same as in F3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back