Textarea Wysiwyg Editor sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wezetel

To be sure I don't report an issue caused by changes I made to my test-sites, I have set up a new Joomla site and installed beta4b.
No issue with TinyMCE in articles and list/form intros/outros, but if I just create a list with one textarea element, the problems start.

Initial textarea settings: no wysiwyg, col-sm-12, height 12
upload_2023-2-20_10-12-57.png

col-sm-12 is respected.

Now I enabled wysiwig.
upload_2023-2-20_10-14-30.png

col-sm-12 not respected.

Pushed the Toggle Editor button
upload_2023-2-20_10-16-33.png

The Editor width is 0, even not resizable with the sizing handle

Next step: install (and use) JCE
upload_2023-2-20_10-19-9.png

col-sm-12 not respected.

Resizing with handles is possible and input is possible (input area changes color from grey to white)
upload_2023-2-20_10-20-28.png

Unfortunately JCE saves sizing dimensions somewhere (but this is just a problem, if I want to replicate the problem)

In J3/F3 the textarea had in the layout settings also the possibility to define the width, this is not possible in F4. Probably now the initial value for width is set to 0?

WYSIWYG width issue is fixed.

Horizontal resize of normal textarea:
Both Atum and Cassiopeia are setting textarea {resize:vertical;} (and so preventing horizontal resize).
You can set textarea {resize:auto;} {resize:both;} as custom CSS
or it could be done for Fabrik in general

Last edited:
Tried the custom user.css, which didn't solve the problems, but with the new textarea.php all seems to work well!
Thanks a lot!!

First of all {resize:auto;} is an invalid parameter, so I entered {resize:both;}.
Thanks. Chrome showed me "auto", I didn't check if this is valid in general:oops:.
This resize property is only for non-Wysiwyg textareas (or TinyMCE's toggle editor), WYSIWYGs are doing their own stuff.

So closing this thread (you can always re-open).

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back