Update to 3.10 fails !

The Composant "fabrik" at "Administration" cannot be installed and the folder administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/310 is not created

There are no folders "pdf" and "partial" in folder "pkg_fabrik_3.10\packages\com_fabrik_3.10\site\" but they are in the file "fabrik.xml". This is probably the reason for the installation error. Please fix it.
I deleted lines
<folder>pdf</folder>
<folder>partial</folder>
from file "fabrik.xml"and the installation was successful

Last edited:
@Vpois - that did the trick thank you - but needs to be fixed in the package asap, unless the folders really should be there and are missing because of an error ??

Yes, it's been fixed. I just went through the process and, with one small exception, it went well.

Conditions:
- J! 3.9.28
- F 3.9.2, recently updated from Github

1. Updating J! to 3.10 from backend (Components -> Joomla! Update). Went just fine.
2. Updating Fabrik to 3.10 from backend (Extensions -> Manage -> Update).
First Fabrik components and modules only. Went without a hitch.
Next Fabrik plugins. Since there are so many, I went page by page = 25 each time.
Each time a warning showed up:
Screenshot of Safari (19-8-21, 16-21-05).png
and an error:
Screenshot of Safari (19-8-21, 16-21-13).png

In the end, only the "Fabrik form: zoom" plugin was left and couldn't be updated this way:
Screenshot of Safari (19-8-21, 16-33-54).png

So, I reckon this caused the warning/error, but I can easily live without it, it's disabled anyway.

Since the update, Fabrik is working as usual in both frontend and backend, no glitches I've found. And I don't expect any, either.

Thanks @cheesegrits & @mediaateam!

Last edited:
@lousyfool
I found out that the missing file fabrikOAuth.php is used in the rest form plugin.
So that one does not work (yet) for 3.10 and should be deleted.
Also found that: form zoom, JomSocial and fusion chart causing errors and should be deleted.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back