Updating Fabrik via Extension Manager

JackGoa

Quick question. When updating Fabrik via the Extension Manager to 3.6, or 3.7, etc, do I still have to then also update from Github, or is that the latest from Github?

On two sites now, I ran the update via Extension Manager. Then the version the version shows as 3.7. I then unzip from Github, go to Discover and boom, back to 3.6?

This is using the Master zip from Github. Should I download the joomla37.zip instead?

If you update via extension manager you don't need a GitHub update.

But GitHub is ok. At the moment it hasn't got the 3.7 tags yet, so it's showing the wrong version. But it's the latest code.

Anyway: Fabrik3.7.1 is coming soon.

Ok, so with a major release like from 3.6.x to 3.7, use Extension Manager? All other times, download from Github?

The only reason you sometimes need to run the installer through J! is to get any SQL updates run. Not every release has SQL updates. I usually recommend installing every new release through J!, just in case we have any SQL updates that need doing. Also to get your version number bumped up in J!'s schema table.

-- hugh

I have noticed that when a larger release comes out, the version number doesn't change unless updated through J!

Thanks for clearing that up!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back