Updating to Joomla 3.6 and Fabrik 3.5

teoyh

Hi there ;

I am just wondering will it matter as do I update Joomla to 3.6 first or do I update my Fabrik to 3.5 first.

Is there a preference for this case.

I am preparing to make the dive ....lol

you are on the save site if you disable the Fabrik system plugin before updating both

gesendet mit Tapatalk

Is the current Fabrik 3.5 ready for Joomla 3.62 ?

I updated Joomla to 3.62 and follow by updating Fabrik 3.5.

The result ......:( it break everything simple filtering in list will not even work. JavaScript handling in form also fail.

I had no choice but to roll back to Fabrik 3.4 and Joomla 3.51. Wasted the whole Sat :(

Anybody can share if they had upgraded successfully.

I had even grab from https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik the latest update but still wont work.

it is working
did you clear all Joomla and browser cache

do you have custom templates or overrides?
check against Fabrik originals if there are changes, e.g default_filters.php doesn't exist any longer, it has moved into layouts.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, it definitely works. Almost all Javascript issues you may see after an update are down to browsers caching JS files.

One thing you can try is enabling the "bust JS" option in the debug tab of the global Fabrik options. This will add a unique query string arg when loading JS files, which should force your browsers to reload. You can then turn it off again.

-- hugh

After hearing all of your feedback I to do another round of upgrade again.

Then I realise one thing it actually work in Chrome !

But in IE 11 I am still having the same problem, that lead me to wonder why is that so.

I then remember that my network administrator had roll down a policy to all user in the company such that all IE browser will be force to run in compatibility mode which cause Fabrik to fail to work properly.

I use a separate laptop to test my finding and indeed it is true.

Anybody know of a way to force IE to ignore client browser compatibility setting ?

My sincere apology for my earlier remark, the upgrade for Fabrik did work.

Troester beat me to it.

As far as I can tell, the problem is that IE8 doesn't understand the 'html' doctype (HTML5) that J! now uses, which effectively forces it into "Quirks Mode" (as if no doctype was specified), which punts it's behavior back to IE5, and JQuery has huge problems with quirks mode.

So yeah, you'd need that http-equiv meta tag to force it to edge or IE11 (depending which your organization uses).

-- hugh

Yes, it definitely works. Almost all Javascript issues you may see after an update are down to browsers caching JS files.

One thing you can try is enabling the "bust JS" option in the debug tab of the global Fabrik options. This will add a unique query string arg when loading JS files, which should force your browsers to reload. You can then turn it off again.

-- hugh

hugh ; I noticed something you mentioned in your early reply about this "bust JS" how it really work. Is there any issue to always leave it on. As I noticed that after I make changes to my JS files my user had to always clear the cache before they can see the update. I noticed that when I turn the "bust JS" on the user see the changes immediately when they reload the page. But any harm to always leave it on will there be any impact on the platform performance.

This features is really awesome...thanks a million to you all.

Leaving bust turned on will prevent browsers from caching the JS files. So yes, it's a performance hit.

Best bet is to leave it turned on for a few days after updating, to force a reload for your regular users.

-- hugh

Leaving bust turned on will prevent browsers from caching the JS files. So yes, it's a performance hit.

Best bet is to leave it turned on for a few days after updating, to force a reload for your regular users.

-- hugh
This is like God sent...I had been grilled by my superior for this issue. They ask why me as a user need to manually clear the cache should you be taking care of all these :(

But now with this wow..... I am redeemed..... hahaha.... thank you once again.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back