User plugin can t retain logged in user

verzevoul

I updated to the latest githump and realised that when I add an entry the user plugin isnt selected on the loggede in id user. It makes me select the user. While in the past it was preselected for me.
Is it a bug, or I must do something?

From looking at the code, I'm not sure what we changed that would have changed this behavior.

I think our assumption when "save on edit' is set is that it really doesn't matter what value the element already has, or what you set it to if you choose to display it, it's going to get saved as the currently logged on user, regardless.

Can you confirm if it is correctly saving the right user ID?

-- hugh

I created a new list with only user plugin.
I added a new row and saved. 0 is the data for data id.
checked in phpmyadmin too.
Please check it too. Create a new list with a user element and add. You ll see that a drop down list with users will wait for you to choose.

I thought it was the intended behavior: when the element is hidden, it records the ID number of the logged user - when not hidden (which is the case here), you are presented with a dropdown to choose the user.

if you want only record the logged in user, just hide the element (= 'hidden' on "yes").

Thank you man! I ll try this.
But what should I do now if I want to show also the name of the logged in user. without been obligated to choose it from the dropdown menu

OK I see what we changed, and kinda why. I've updated the code in github to set the logged in user as the default selection, whilst maintaining the fix that the changes in the code were meant to resolve.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back