What to do in this situation???...

HyperOsmar

Dear colleagues,

I'm in a difficult situation.

I have been using Joomla since its separation from Mambo and Fabrik since its first versions.
After many negotiations, I managed to convince the organization (governmental, educational and non-profit), where I work as a volunteer, to use Joomla/Fabrik.

Now with no decision on the release of the new version of Fabrik compatible with Joomla 4.x, I'm being pressured by the organization as I have to upgrade to the new version of Joomla but I can't upgrade to Fabrik. And so we will lose all the structure of forms that we have created over the last few years, that is, we will lose all our work.

Worse still, we didn't find any "free" solution that meets our needs, as we are a non-profit institution and we don't have the money to purchase paid "software".

Just to reflect: What to do in this situation???...

Thank you all for your attention...

No idea, I think you are not the only one.
But Fabrik is free, is and always was "at it is", so...

How can a non-profit institution which is not able or not willing to spend money on software and/or on developpers set up pressure on a volunteer?
As far as I can see Jooml3 is at least supported until Aug 2023
https://developer.joomla.org/roadmap.html

@troester,

First, I want to thank you so much for helping us so much. And take the opportunity to show all my respect to the community.

"No idea, I think you are not the only one."
I fully agree with you.

"But Fabrik is free, is and always was "at it is", so..."
I think that, in the region where I live, I'm Fabrik's number 1 fan... And, whenever I can, I don't miss the opportunity to introduce him to other professionals.

"How can a non-profit institution which is not able or not willing to spend money on software and/or on developers set up pressure on a volunteer?"
It's not a matter of "pressure". It's just that we use other Joomla extensions and also other integrated platforms, such as Moodle for example.
As for "money", we really wanted to be able to invest more in technology, but we really can't.

"As far as I can see Jooml3 is at least supported until Aug 2023"
The Joomla 3.x itself doesn't worry me, but the updating of other extensions and the other integrated systems that we use.

Thank you all for your attention...

It's just that we use other Joomla extensions and also other integrated platforms, such as Moodle for example.
I assume (or at least hope) that the other extensions will support J!3 also as long as it's supported by Joomla itself.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back