Fabrik List - Update Column Plugin - Update Request

altnetwork

In the past versions of the Update Column Plugin you had an option for button location. Can you put this back into Version 3.X please... The current option make the List view to wide and would love the option again to have the buttons at the bottom. Thank You!

Options:
Button location
Bottom / Per row / Both

What was the last version we had that option? I don't see it in the 3.0.9 updatecol.

Or are you talking about the overall options for plugin button placement on lists?

-- hugh

The overall button placement. It was in the version for Joomla 2.5 Version 2.1.

I am attaching a screen shot of the options.

Thanks

Attachments

• sshot-3.png
    sshot-3.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 263
Yup, and relied on a feature of the main list template which doesn't exist any more, in the Brave New Bootstrapped World.

-- hugh

You can hide (or line-break) the row buttons via CSS and/or create a custom list template.

cheesegrits: I can see components\com_fabrik\layouts\listactions layout files but I can't get it working in the template

I think the plan is once we've finished converting the elements to layouts, we'll start on "list stuff".

-- hugh

Confused, there is no layouts folder in the template folder under templates/{mytemplate}.

Also, what corresponding php do I edit?
What do I edit in this corresponding php?
Does this give me the option to removed the icons at the end of each line?

there is no layouts folder in the template folder under templates/{mytemplate}.
Yes, if it's the first time you are using the layout override you have to copy (create) it.

Corresponding php: if you want to change the buttons displayed inline edit inline.php

Do a
var_dump($displayData['items']);
to see what you get and what you want to display.

Sorry, very confused. I did the changes Still not buttons at the bottom.

And, where do I do this var_dump($displayData['items']);

<?php
/**
* Layout: list row buttons - rendered 'inline' as a Bootstrap button group
* @package Joomla
* @subpackage Fabrik
* @copyright Copyright (C) 2005-2013 fabrikar.com - All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPL http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
* @since 3.0
*/

// No direct access
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
<div class="btn-group">
<?php echo implode(' ', $displayData['items']); ?>
</div>

Will this remove the edit/view/delete options at the end of each line?
Will this effect all the lists?

I don't think this will give me the option for placing the update_col buttons at the bottom of the list and remove the update_col buttons at the end of each line.

If I was able to program this my self I would not be asking for something that was there before but was removed.

I understand your frustration, but this is a feature which hasn't existed for at least 3 years. Sometimes features which almost nobody uses get dropped between major releases, especially (as mentioned in my previous post) when the rely on bigger feature sets which have to be completely rewritten to keep up with J!'s overall UI approach. I think you are the only person to ask about this feature since 3.0 was released. And much as we'd like to please all the people, all of the time ... that's just not possible.

This could probably be done with the new layouts feature, but it would require a little coding knowledge.

-- hugh

That is disappointing. We use this option in 90% of our logs and have been on the first day I requested the plugin. It was the only plugin that gave you the option to make changes in more then one record and the buttons that is now gone made it easier from someone to do this without making the mistake of clicking on the wrong one.

How much money do I need to have the buttons put back in the plugin that I need to move forward to the new version?

It's really no magic to hide the row button via CSS (If you don't want to set button display simply to dropdown or use the new layout override possibility).
Add custom css to your list template
Code:
.fabrikDataContainer tbody .update_col-0 {
    display: none;
}

I am having issues with the dropdown rendering off the screen and I just needed the buttons that the bottom of the screen. This is the option that was removed.

is that because your list is wide? If so just set the buttons to render at the beginning of the row?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back