List page displays old content

Backend opened.
See MISC->Companies. Use City Filter "Berlin". Refresh page.
Yes "Clear filters" is working . That is not the problem. The problem is when I click the menu again or refresh page. It is cleraing the filter City but still showing companies for Berlin . I expect ALL companies in the list.

Menu Misc/Companies is set to Reset filters=NO.
This is exactly what it is doing, it keeps the filter settings.
The filter is still containing "Berlin", maybe to shouldn't set it to "Toggle" to avoid confusion (you don't see any filter settings if the filter block is closed).

Edit:
ok, this was the English version.

Ok, I can replicate.
Ajaxfied list + menu item set to "Reset filters"=yes -> the menu is resetting the filter value, loading the unfiltered list but then overriding with the old filtered data

Yes , english , and that menu item has different setting. Now changed.
The filter "City" is reset if the "clear filter" flag is YES ( english menu item). I can still not see any difference. After page refresh the filter IS cleared (no "Berlin") but the result is "filtered". See screen shot. The only way to have the full list is to use "Clear filter" button in filter area.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2015-11-23 22:25:54.png
    Screenshot from 2015-11-23 22:25:54.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 253
Ok, I can replicate.
Ajaxfied list + menu item set to "Reset filters"=yes -> the menu is resetting the filter value, loading the unfiltered list but then overriding with the old filtered data
OK , fine. Any clue? FYI it also appears in popup modal boxes coming from related data links showing wrong data depending of your previous operation in the lists. The previous filter is still in operation!

It's totally strange.
My local site is working fine with Firefox but showing the issue with Chrome...:confused:

Same with yours: ok in Firefox
issue in Chrome and IE

Last edited:
I'm testing with Crome on Ubuntu 14.04 box.
With Firefox 42.0 : Yepp , different behaviour when you use the menu.
When u refresh page the City filter is reset but old content shown.

It's the history.state stuff in list.js. We use the history feature in JS to store state for AJAX operations. So we have these lines in the list init ...

Code:
        // Reload state
        if (!!(window.history && history.pushState) && history.state && this.options.ajax) {
            this._updateRows(history.state);
        }

... so we need to work out how to short circuit that when reloading a page with resetfilters.

-- hugh

Hi.
Made a quick update of certain files in one of our test sites. Seems to work.
We will make a full update and integration later to other sites . And a regression test. I will report any issue.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back