List page displays old content

When refreshing a list page the content is not read from the database and updates the list but instead the old content is displayed. Though for a split second the new content is shown (there is a read from DB) but is overwritten by the old one. We have played with every setting we can find.
The only operation to view new data is to use "clear filter"
Any clue?

If I choose something from a filter item then refreshing the page the filter chosen is gone and I have no clue what I have selected. Should be "sticky" if Setting "clear filter" is OFF. Or?

Is this list displayed via menu item, via content plugin (in an article), via Fabrik list module?

List settings ("Navigation": "Ajaxfy" yes or no?, "Advanced": "Disable caching" yes or no?)

Joomla cache settings?

From menu and "Reset filters" = ON
"Navigation": "Ajaxfy" yes
"Advanced": "Disable caching" = no. But "Disable caching" = yes no difference.
Joomla global cache is OFF.

With "reset filters"=on it should clear filters (and show all data) if the site is reloaded.

Do you have a link?
Which exact Joomla and Fabrik version?

Yes I agree , it should. But just flicks a split second and showing old data.
Access is restricted. SO I dont have a "link"
Versions as in footer: J3.4.1 - Fabrik 3.3.2.x (updated from github 2015-08-19) on Ubuntu 14.04 - MySql 5.5 - php 5.4

Do you have "Ajaxfy links" enabled (= form/details in a popup)?
Can you see any JS errors in the console log if running a browser dev tool?

Is it ok if list's "Ajaxfy"=no?

Ajaxify link enabled on list, there are no JS error in list, form , detail display.
Ajaxify link disabled then the use of menu item , resets the filter and list "to normal" as expected. THough using some part of filter and then refreshing page I get "Confirm resending of form" browser warning. That we don't want to have.

THough using some part of filter and then refreshing page
Not sure what you mean. Filters are executed "on change" or "button".

If you have an ajaxfied list error messages/warnings etc. will show up in the network response (examine with a browser dev tool) and so breaking the expected JSON string which would be used to update the list.

Is it working with a standard configuration: Joomla BS2 template (like Protostart), core Fabrik bootstrap list template, no list plugins...?

We have a situation now in our system related to previously reported problem ( this topic).
This is not easy to describe.
We have a list , see list1-....png

When operating on built in function in the list , the data in rightmost field are created. Works fine. The two rightmost field are "related data".
When clicking rightmost field on the same row a modal forms pop up showing data retreived by AJAX from DB. Works OK.
The result can be like Report_olle-...png .

Then , without doing anything else, operating in the List on another row for another person "Kennth" and report those data are created. Showing up fine. CLicking the rightmost field on that row the data according to image Report2-...png shows up. For "Olle" in headline but the data for "Kenneth" . WRONG! During the acccess , The correct data for "Olle" shows up very briefly ( less than 0.2 seconds) and than shows the incorrect "Kenneth " content.

The only way I can find to have the report to show correct data again is:
1. to go to another list from menu and back and click again
2. click in "reset filter" button in filter section in top of list.

After a "reset" the reports shows correct data. Until the next built in list operation is done.
So , again , are the latest result from AJAX calls cached and used in the next operation causing the wrong data to be shown?
Any hints or guidance are welcomed. We can arrange access to system if it is helpful.

Attachments

• List1-2015-10-18 15:58:16.png
    List1-2015-10-18 15:58:16.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Report_Kenneth-2015-10-18 15:54:45.png
    Report_Kenneth-2015-10-18 15:54:45.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 241
  • Report2-2015-10-18 15:54:15.png
    Report2-2015-10-18 15:54:15.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 251
  • Report_Olle-2015-10-18 15:51:34.png
    Report_Olle-2015-10-18 15:51:34.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 228
We can arrange access to system if it is helpful.

Yes please. That's why we've asked for access twice in this thread. :)

Fill in your My Sites. No need for phpMyAdmin or ftp just yet, just an admin login, a front end login if required, and any instructions we need to replicate the problem.

-- hugh

Cool. Unfortunately it's Monday morning, so I have a bunch of stuff in my queue already, so it'll be at least tomorrow before I can look at it.

-- hugh

Basically we have the earlier reported problem in lists with filters. The list menu item "Reset Filters" = YES. AJAXified list.
The full list for the test is 4 records. The filter is used to filter out something for the list ( 1 record). The result is shown correctly into the list.
A hint: When clicking menu item the filters for the list is cleared. The full list content ( 4 records) shows for a split second and then the content that was shown for clicking the menu (1 record)item.
Are there 2 ajax reqests done? One for the first full list and a second one with the filtered "old" result? Just a thought.
We need a solution.

Backend access it not working so I can't see your menu item.
In frontend "Clear filters" is working as expected.

In your details popup there's
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/t/awhrm/components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl/awbizbootstrap/default_repeatgroup_table.php on line 23

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back