Thumbnail in List view

bespokeappstt

Hubstaff freelancer
List works fine and form collects data just fine. The form allows a person to upload a picture. I want a cropped view of that picture to show in the list. So while perusing the list you can automatically see the cropped version of the pic and when you click it, a new window opens up with original size. How do I do this?

Any reasons on why my thumbnail is not showing? When you click the link though the original image shows fine.

Attachments

• brokenThumbnail.png
    brokenThumbnail.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 192
Okay so when you do a file source the link points to
/images/stories/pll.jpg

But when I go into the 'Thumbs' tab the url for the Thumbnail directory is
/images/stories/thumbs

So why is the list view using the wrong url? The image exist in the Thumbs folder just fine.

Yes, I thought it was the extra slash after thumbs that was causing the problem. But nothing is doing. For some strange reason the url on the frontend does not have thumbs/*.jpg, it stops at stories/*.jpg

Attachments

• brokenThumbnail2.png
    brokenThumbnail2.png
    26 KB · Views: 189
I have noticed that in the hover text images has a slash infront but by default when you add a fileupload element type there is no slash infront of the images. So which is it? And should a slash come after the thumbs or not.

Attachments

• brokenThumbnail3.png
    brokenThumbnail3.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 151
Okay something is definitely wrong as I changed the file path but on the front end the filepath is the same. I must be viewing a cached version or something. Will take a break and double check.

Even though when I make a change to the file path in the back end in the Thumbs tab, the change in file path is not reflected in the front end. I rebooted my system just incase. What could be causing the problem?

Okay can you show me what your 'Options' tab looks like. You only showed the Thumbs and Display but not the Option. What does your option look like?

the new file path is showing but the thumbs file path is still not taking effect. for some reason the Thumbs folder is not being called in the front. I don't know why.

Unfortunately I can read that. There doesn't seem to be an expand option, and my tired old eyes can't see that small.

But from what I can see that looks OK.

I don't usually do hands-on in Community, but if you want to fill out http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites, give me a super admin backend login, and install exTplorer (so I can put ebug code in if I need to), I'll take a look if I get time over the weekend.

-- hugh

Moved this to Pro. Thanks for the sub.

Fill out your My Sites as per my previous message, and I'll take a look.

-- hugh

Seems to be the crop feature, which is causing problems with the thumbnail path in list display.

I've turned crop off, the thumbnail is showing.

I'll take a look and see if I can fix that, so it shows the cropped image in the list.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back