Search results

1. PtrNrs

Cascading Dropdown: Misleading "No Parking" MouseOver Icon

There is a misleading "No Parking" mouseover icon that comes up on a cascading dropdown element, even if it is available to use ie the watched element has been selected. Tricky to explain - better you watch the video...
  2. PtrNrs

Form Submit JS

Having perused the documents readme.html and Form Javascript Objects, I'm still having trouble working out how to fire JS events on form submission. I have created the custom JS file components/com_fabrik/js/X.js and can successfully call functions from that file. So far so good. However...
  3. PtrNrs

Button calls wrong Javascript

As shown in this video, when I construct a simple form with two buttons, B1 & B2, the first listed B1 runs B2's Javascript and B2's JS is OK. Swap the buttons (B2 then B1) and B2 runs B1's JS. This is behaviour somewhat intermittent - when I first constructed the form on Mac MAMP, it...
  4. PtrNrs

MAMP platform: Database schema update problems

For some years I have been successfully trailing my F2.x sites on a MAMP platform on a Macbook Air. With F3.0.x, I find that I am experiencing errors when Fabrik tries to make database schema changes. eg:- When I create a list, a database table is not created; When I change an element type...
  5. PtrNrs

When debugging in Fabrik, use expanded custom JS code

Problem: It is difficult to debug Fabrik JS code (in Firebug or similar) because the newline characters are removed and the whole code is presented as one line (was that the same in Fabrik 2.x?) Suggestion: That the custom JS code be expanded (re-expanded?) when in Fabrik debug mode...
  6. PtrNrs

Fabrik with eWAY Payment Gateway

Hi has anyone used Fabrik with the eWay payment gateway? (I know that Fabrik doesn't have such a gateway as standard) I see that they have a plugin for VirtueMart, so I guess it must work OK on the Joomla platform. Are there any problems to look out for? Would the best way to go to be to...
  7. PtrNrs

CSS Styling of Form Left Column

As convert from Fabrik 2.x to 3.x, I note that the styling has changed considerably. In 2.x, each element including labels has its own ID, therefore allowing individual styling of elements. In 3.x, that is no longer the case eg the following HTML for a Display element with Show Label = No:-...
  8. PtrNrs

Cascading Dropbox fails when Form not contected to List

I am upgrading my Fabrik site from Fabrik 2.0x on Joomla 1.5.* to Fabrik 3.0.x on Joomla 2.5.6. The observed problem appears on all browsers. I have a form (call it Form A) which is deliberately not connected to a List which contains a Cascading Dropbox control. This control now hangs up in...
  9. PtrNrs

Table Plugin Display in Chrome

I find that the display of table plugin buttons on Chrome version 26.0.1410.64 m on Windows Vista appears corrupted as shown in the attachment. I see the desired appearance on:- Firefox on the same PC; IE on the same PC; Chrome version 26.0.1410.65 on a Mac; Chrome version 26.0.1410.64 m on a...
  10. PtrNrs

Data Loss on Deleting Validation

When you delete the first of two validations in an element, the second validation loses its data. In the attached SWF, I've shown the simple case of two notempty validations (not much lost), but this is pretty catastrophic in the case of PHP validations.
  11. PtrNrs

Renamed Internal IDs Don't Increment

As I prefer to use globally unique mySQL field names, I have always changed the internal IDs (primary key fields) from the default "id". In Fabrik 2, this works fine. In Fabrik 3.0a.2, however, when I insert records, the IDs set to 0. With field name "id", it works correctly. I note that my...
  12. PtrNrs

Can't open file fabrikmodelform.php

This error has appeared in the latest SVN This occurs when adding a list, editing a list, editing a group or editing an element. I see that Rob(?) has been hard at work on this bit of code so may be transitory. Reckon I'll have to call off testing for the day . . .
  13. PtrNrs

Element Ordering Icons

When the Element page is first accessed, there are no element ordering icons. On selecting Ordering, the icons appear though the formatting is a little . . . whimsical. I suspect that the group IDs have been left in there after testing. Recommended fix: comment out line 150 of...
  14. PtrNrs

Data Input: Input Increase Dropbox Height

Just a fussy one, this. The height of the dropbox on data input forms should be increased (see attachment). Suggest change line 78-80 of /media/com_fabrik/css/form.css to . . .#fabrik .fabrikinput{ height:1.6em; }Current value is 1.4em. This change adjusts text boxes as well but looks OK.
  15. PtrNrs

Error Renaming Fields

In order to conform to my field naming convention, when creating tables in Fabrik, I rename . . . field "id" to pfxID"; field "date_time" to "pfxEntered" . . . where pfx is the chosen prefix for the table. On adding data to the list, I get this error . . . The cause is that, on renaming the...
  16. PtrNrs

Internal Server Error: Fabrik List Add Element

See the video . . . yes, Jing does rock.
  17. PtrNrs

DS: Directory Separator

First, thanks for the new release! In the development of the J1.6 core, they made an effort to eliminate the use for the directory separator "DS" (see http://groups.google.com/group/joomlabugsquad/browse_thread/thread/5457016286a9a9e0). I see though that they didn't completely achieve that...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back