Cascading Dropbox fails when Form not contected to List

Status
Not open for further replies.

PtrNrs

I am upgrading my Fabrik site from Fabrik 2.0x on Joomla 1.5.* to Fabrik 3.0.x on Joomla 2.5.6. The observed problem appears on all browsers.

I have a form (call it Form A) which is deliberately not connected to a List which contains a Cascading Dropbox control. This control now hangs up in AJAX/Javascript land when trying to update the dropbox source.

An identical pair of controls on another Form B connected to List B work perfectly.

If I swap the controls in form B to form A and vice versa, form A still fails ie the fault stays with the form not the elements.

If I now connect Form A to List B, Form A now works.

I've tabulated this in the attachment. The "?" column shows whether the CD control works.

Thank you for you help,

Pete Nurse

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 193
After a little investigation, I find that the process failed with the error unable to process db join element id at databasejoin.php line 361 in function getJoin() as shown in the attachment.

I believe this behaviour could be quite easily duplicated by removing the reference to the relevant form from the form_id field in the table #__fabrik_lists.

Normal operation is returned by commenting out the JError call at databasejoin.php line 361. This clearly has implications elsewhere.

Attachments

• Fullscreen_17_05_13_4_52_PM.png
    Fullscreen_17_05_13_4_52_PM.png
    336.3 KB · Views: 163
Polite bump.

The rather unsatisfactory solution to this problem is to connect the form to a list & table even though I don't actually want to collect any data form this form.

Any other ideas?

Nope. We decided a while back to deprecate the use of table-less forms, so we aren't fixing any of these little gotchas that crop up with them. If you really don't want to keep the table data, just set up a cron job to truncate the table once a day or whatever.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Back