Search results

1. cmendla

Using a list to show a db view. Modified the view. How can I update the list?

OK - thanks. I'll hold off on the final formatting and tweaking until I'm sure that the view is stable. :cool:
  2. cmendla

Using a list to show a db view. Modified the view. How can I update the list?

I am using a list to display information from a view. I added, deleted and renamed some columns in the view. I now get a 404 when I try to access that list. I don't see any 'update database' options. Is there any way to get the list to 'refresh' it's list of columns? The other choice would...
  3. cmendla

Link Element not working

GOT IT!!! Thanks to another post, http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/link-element-on-https-site-with-http-links.45632/ Relsig posted a screenshot of the raw data. The data needs to be stored like {"label":"map","link":"https://www.google.com/maps?q=123 Main Street Somers Point 1"}...
  4. cmendla

Link Element not working

I must be missing a step or something. I have a view set up where I'm trying to create a google maps link (I don't want to use the API right now unless I have to ) Also, I will have the same problem when I work with links other than this google maps example. IOW 1. I have a view with a link...
  5. cmendla

Experience with reading a db with many to many relationships

For what it's worth.. I'm very impressed with the ability of Fabrik to handle the databases I'm working with. As I mentioned in another thread, the schema I'm working with breaks every single rule of normalization. However, Fabrik can read views so I'm creating views and reading those with Fabrik.
  6. cmendla

Connected to existing joomla tables. Can't see id in form

UPDATE - I took a different approach. Instead of trying to join the tables in Fabrik, I'm creating a view using SQL in Phpmyadmin. The way it is set up it has a crazy schema that probably breaks every rule of normalization. Anyway, I'm finding that Fabrik reads the views just fine. You...
  7. cmendla

Connected to existing joomla tables. Can't see id in form

I need to connect to existing Jbusinessdirectory tables via fabrik. There is a company-categories table that isn't getting updated when we add a company. My solution for now is to create the company and then add the entries to the table manually. I created a list called company maintenance...
  8. cmendla

Experience with reading a db with many to many relationships

I have a situation where a previous developer left a mess with custom coding a j-business directory plugin. Right now, we are trying to launch the site but are running into a mess of problems. I wanted to ask a very general question. I have some decent experience with Fabrik. I'm thinking...
  9. cmendla

Feasibility - Count Checkmarks on a form

I'm sure this can be done but I'd like to have a form with about 20 items with checkboxes.. When the user clicks 'submit' they get a result depending on how many boxes they checked... somthing like You checked 18 of 20 items, you really need our help now - or- You checked 3 of...
  10. cmendla

Trouble getting a connection on a moved site

Troester Once again I owe you thanks.. I thought that I could create a new connection and then make that the default. What you described worked. I got a message to the effect that "You have a new database so the fields are filled in for you".. I simply had to input the password. It...
  11. cmendla

Trouble getting a connection on a moved site

I had the same problem with two sites on the same host. Sites were joomla 2.5 / fabrik 3.0 Migrated sites to joomla 3.x / fabrik 3.3 Database connection info changed because of new hosting. Went into connections to set up a new connection localhost (same as joomla connection) same user as...
  12. cmendla

How do I convert a linux date to a y m d fabrik date.

I am using nbill light which generates tables in the site database. One of those tables has invoice info. I can easily make a copy of that table and link a fabrik list to it. The problem I am running into is that the date of the invoice is stored in a linux format which is the number of...
  13. cmendla

Embedded forms - Won't submit if enclosed in P tags

Hugh - If I understand Troester's post, my best bet is to simply tell JCE to use the br instead of the P tags. I set the one site that way and it seems to be working OK. I'm still a bit fuzzy on using DIVs so I can't give you good input on that.
  14. cmendla

Embedded forms - Won't submit if enclosed in P tags

I had to revisit this. When using Joomla 3.x and the latest JCE, JCE insists on putting the embedded fabric calls inside <p> tags. That breaks the embedded form. In other words, it takes and turns it into <p> {fabrik view=form id=4} </p> That seems to stop the form from submitting...
  15. cmendla

FYI - Form not submitting on mobiles b/c layout=default

I noticed that some forms were not submitting from mobile devices. The solution turned out to simply be to change the form layout to 'bootstrap' instead of default. I'm not sure if this is particular to the template I'm using or not but it worked for me. edit --- apparently the template...
  16. cmendla

Checkbox "options per row" not working when set to '1'

Troester - Thanks I was able to add the fieldset label {display: block} to the custom css area in my template maker. It is working as designed now.
  17. cmendla

Checkbox "options per row" not working when set to '1'

Hi - I have a page at http://www.bcsbc.edu/student-services/ferpa-authorization-form.html Under "Grants" I wanted each option to be on one line. I set "Options per Row" to '1' and it shows all three options on the same line. However, if I set "Options per Row" to '2' then it shows 2...
  18. cmendla

I finally understand field widths in bootstrap

I can just picture Homer Simpson sitting there with his doughnut saying Du 'OH. I could not figure out how to change the field widths with the new bootstrap templates.. I looked at solutions where the template css was modified but that seemed cumbersome and difficult to maintain. All I...
  19. cmendla

Akeeba backups failing when trying to back up Fabrik Tables.

I found out what was causing the problem.. Some of the fabrik data tables (The tables that hold the data from the forms/lists) were not set to 'auto increment' . All I had to do was to look a the structure and if the fabrik id or id field in the structure was not set to 'auto increment' fix it...
  20. cmendla

Akeeba backups failing when trying to back up Fabrik Tables.

I just migrated a site from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.3.6 that uses Fabrik 3.2. The migration was a bit bumpy. However, it seems to be working ok now. I use Akeeba Backup Pro and the backups were failing. When I set Akeeba to 'exclude non core database tables' it ran as normal. Looking at the...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back