Search results

1. B

Reschedule Manual

I am in the testing phase of a set-up that would use a geocoded visualization to plot markers on a map using an element in a list. The underlying table will be set to update every night using a sever CRON job and some PHP code. For testing, I'd like to 'run the plugin on the backend'. For a...
  2. B

"Empty" button on front end

I've looked, but I can't find out how to remove the 'empty' button in the heading of the front end list.
  3. B

Content Type dialog

I'm trying to copy the structure of a list to a new one, but change the database. I've exported the Content Type of the list's form and created a new list per these instrutions on the wiki.... Create a new list, set label and table name, Save Select the content type you just have created...
  4. B

Help with googlemap

I'm trying to set up a googlemap visualization but am not seeing any markers. I do see the empty map on the front end. I've set up an account and a project with google, and it tells me that I have 14 map APIs enabled. The only one with any requests showing in google is 'Maps JavaScript AVI'...
  5. B

Populate Dropdown from Field element

Amateur here....... I would like to populate a Dropdown element from the results from a preceding Field element, using a modified version of this code from the Wiki in 'Eval populate'. $options[] = JHTML::_('select.option', '0', 'Please select' ); $db = JFactory::getDbo(); $reg_4vin = {a four...
  6. B

Front end list view - how to remove Edit and Empty tools?

When I view the list in the front end with my log on set to a level that I want to allow viewing only, I see controls to empty the table, delete checked rows, and edit or delete a row. How do I remove them? I have the edit, add, delete, and empty access controls set to 'Special' on the back end.
  7. B

Fabrik 3.10 install problems on Joomla 3.10.2

I am seeing install errors when trying to install Fabrik 3.10 using the Joomla 'Exxtensions>Install' process' of the type: Warning Install path does not exist. Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: plg_fabrik_visualization_media_3.10.zip Error Error installing package I...
  8. B

PHP Mailer Vulnerability

Is the Fabrik email form plugin, which allows user input for the 'from' address, subject to this vulnerability? Joomla Security Announcement, 12-05-2016 link.
  9. B

Use value of dropdown in email plugin

I need to use the value selected by a dropdown element in my Email to (eval): script, and using this: $selected_committee = $this->data['batch_email___to_committee_members']; returns the label. How do I return the value?
  10. B

WYSIWYG editor on form

Is it possible to have the WYSIWYG editor come up without needing to toggle first in textarea form element?
  11. B

Looking for developer for help with email plugin

We're a small volunteer-based car club and have used Fabrik for several years for some of our website content. We've been looking for a way for our Board and Committee Chairs to batch email sub-groups withing our organization. We have developed several PHP applications that create tables for...
  12. B

Dropdown Populate Basics

I am trying to create a dropdown menu using a table to populate the dropdown selection options. The dropdown element appears on the form but it is blank. Here is my code, basically taken from the wiki example: $options[] = JHTML::_('select.option', '0', 'Please select' ); $db =...
  13. B

Email List Plugin - add cc: recipient?

Is it possible to add a cc: recipient to an email generated from a Fabrik list? We use tabs to present sub-sets of the list and most often the author of the email is not in the chosen sub-set. The author is somewhere in the list, but it does not appear possible to start an email in a sub-set...
  14. B

Eval not working (for me)

I'm sure it's something simple..... I have a 'field' plugin element in my table. I save it, then go to my table (which has a single row). The text does not appear in either the list or form view. Is it correct that by placing this code in an eval box that it should run the PHP code for...
  15. B

Dropdown selection to NULL and empty field and label

We have a list where we are keeping track of volunteer jobs. So we have a list of people who are potential volunteers, and we have an Element called 'Event Committee' with dropdown values of 'Chair' and 'Member'. How do we reset the field back to a true 'Null' when a Member so that a search for...
  16. B

Edit Joined Elements?

I have three tables, the jos_users, table_a, and table_b. Tables a and b have columns that are called 'user_id' and are user ids. Neither 'user_id' columns in tables a and b are primary keys. I created a join that left joined jos_users 'id'with table_a, 'user_id' and a second left join with...
  17. B

Import link element csv

What does my csv need to look like to successfully import link data into a list? Reading a few posts, I've tried creating a spreadsheet with a single field and the |-| separator between the label and URL and it doesn't work with or without text quotes set. Also, I'm unable to load the...
  18. B

Tabs in List View

Can tabs be used in List View? I have them working in Form View (if that's what comes up when the magnifying glass is pressed). As you can tell, I am new at this.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back