500 error in opening element setting

elems

I looked in the forum but i didn't see the answer to my question so i open a new thread, i hope this is not a duplicate.

this morning i tried to republish an old form (did it 1 year ago) , i didn't see the elements of the form on the frontend, i saw only the title of the form.

so i looked if everything was set to pubblished and elements was not.

so i tryed to publish them in backend and i got the 500 error.

in the site log

[Fri Feb 23 10:59:10 2018] [error] [client] PHP Fatal error: Can't use method return value in write context in /var/www/www.mysite.it/html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 372, referer: http://www.mysite.it/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=elements

so i looked in the file and i make a comparison with the previus version of element.php (version 3.8. i have fabrik 3.8.1) and i commentend the difference.
Now i can open the element's setting option and the publish command works, and i see the form in frontend.

public function validate($form, $data, $group = null)
{
$ok = parent::validate($form, $data);
$input = $this->app->input;

// Standard jForm validation failed so we shouldn't test further as we can't be sure of the data
if (!$ok)
{
return false;
}

$db = FabrikWorker::getDbo(true);
$elementModel = $this->getElementPluginModel($data);
$nameChanged = $data['name'] !== $elementModel->getElement()->name;
$elementModel->getElement()->bind($data);
$listModel = $elementModel->getListModel();
//$isView = !empty($listModel->isView()); //<--- here the mod

if ($data['id'] == '')

my site configuration is:
Versione PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.25
Web Server Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
Versione di Joomla! Joomla! 3.8.5 Stable [ Amani ] 6-February-2018 15:00 GMT
Versione piattaforma Joomla! Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

fabrik version is: 3.8.1
i see that Fabrik Package is 3.8

Now i'm going to test form data entry
I hope this thread can help.
thanks again for this great plugin

Fabrik requires PHP 5.5 or greater.

You can change that line to ...

Code:
$isView = (bool)$listModel->isView();

... which should fix that problem, but you will almost certainly run in to other issues running 5.3, which was "end of lifed" about 3.5 years ago. We try and provide backward compatibility where possible, but there are some language constructs we can't avoid, which require 5.5 (well, later version of 5.4, like > 5.4.17, I think, but 5.5 to be safe).

And really ... even if Fabrik worked with 5.3, you really should look at updating to 7.1. It's waaaay faster, and pretty much all J! and extension development is now done against it. Technically J!'s minimum is 5.3, but ...

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back