Access Rights Conditions

myscoutube

Multimedia Designer
Hi Hugh

Ok creating a type of MyLinks form, I had to find a way to display these entry records posted by all members. I used the Fabrik List module. But what I am trying to achieve is not exactly what I want. When I go to my profile page I also see the records of other members. I just want to see my own entries on my own profile page...

mylinks.jpg

Also, when I visit the other members profile pages, the MyLinks list module is not showing on their profile. Which I would like to be able to view other members own entry records. Can you explain to me how to achieve this?

mylinks2.jpg

Thanks

But you are using the normal Fabrik list module, not the JomSocial plugin for Fabrik?

The problem is, if you just use the normal list module plugin, it has no "knowledge" about JomSocial, or that it is being rendered on any kind of profile page. So it can't filter on "user id of profile being viewed".

We do have a JomSocial plugin, which allows you to integrate a Fabrik list or form in to the actual JomSocial profile structure, which can then be configured so it can filter on "user id of profile being viewed".

However ... I'm told that it doesn't work with the latest version of JomSocial. As you may know, JomSocial underwent an ownership change recently, and for the year or so before that, we were unable to contact the developer to renew our license, so I couldn't do any work on the plugin.

The good news is, I recently got hold of the new owners, and now have a license for the latest version. So getting our plugin going again is on my To Do list. But it will require setting up yet another test site from scratch to install JomSocial on, so I've been kind of dragging my feet on it.

Can you just confirm the exact versions of J! and JomSocial you are running, so I can set up a matching test site?

-- hugh

But you are using the normal Fabrik list module, not the JomSocial plugin for Fabrik?

The problem is, if you just use the normal list module plugin, it has no "knowledge" about JomSocial, or that it is being rendered on any kind of profile page. So it can't filter on "user id of profile being viewed".

We do have a JomSocial plugin, which allows you to integrate a Fabrik list or form in to the actual JomSocial profile structure, which can then be configured so it can filter on "user id of profile being viewed".

However ... I'm told that it doesn't work with the latest version of JomSocial. As you may know, JomSocial underwent an ownership change recently, and for the year or so before that, we were unable to contact the developer to renew our license, so I couldn't do any work on the plugin.

The good news is, I recently got hold of the new owners, and now have a license for the latest version. So getting our plugin going again is on my To Do list. But it will require setting up yet another test site from scratch to install JomSocial on, so I've been kind of dragging my feet on it.

Can you just confirm the exact versions of J! and JomSocial you are running, so I can set up a matching test site?

-- hugh
Hi Hugh

This is the enviroment I have to work with:
Joomla 3.3.0
JomSocial 3.2.0.5

Victoria

Finally got JomSocial installed, and have updated our plugin so it installs in the latest version, but it's been so long since I used JomSocial I can't remember how to set the darn thing up. Working on it.

-- hugh

I'm not having much luck at all getting JomSocial installed. I got past the install errors, and thought I had it installed properly, but once I enabled the actual JS modules, it all blew up.

I found out what caused the errors - there was already a menu item called 'profile' in the Joomla install I was using, and the JomSocial installer tries to create another one by directly writing to the database tables ... which causes a MySQL error. And apparently then leaves the install in an unusable state, that can neither run, not be uninstalled.

So ... I'm now building another site from scratch.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back